PDA

View Full Version : FireTrout's Maiden Voyage

firetrout
12-11-2005, 06:53 PM
I know we are to report trout fishing, but I had to show-off my new purchase. 2002 Lund 1700 Fisherman. After all I hope to be posting some fish stories soon

Well, I took *the family out for the maiden voyage. What a difference coming from a 14 ft Aluminum boat! :D *Went to Anderson Lake in Morgan Hill because they have a 35 mph limit. *The boat got up to 45mph. Opps :o
I'll have the new stars on by this week. *Looking forward to say How'd to all on the lakes.

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/P10100234.JPG
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/P10100302.JPG
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/P10100332.JPG *
Look what I get for checking ouy the hitchhiker boards.
Well I might as well call her "FireDog" my fishing partner.

Garden_Valley_Fish
12-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Very nice ride Firetrout ;D Let me know when you need a net\camera man

;D :-/

partner
12-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Wow , great looking sled!! Hold on a second let me wipe the drool from my chin!!

partner

AllFishNoWork
12-11-2005, 07:03 PM
Very nice Willie! :D The boat looks good on you and the crew.

trackertundra
12-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Sweet boat Fire Trout. If you can, get me those other pictures that we discused!

Tracker

jwilson
12-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Very nice! Hope to see you out sometime, somewhere. Definately more roomy! Like your hitchhiker too!

hoghunter3
12-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Nice Buddy, Real Nice......

Farrier_Frank
12-11-2005, 08:15 PM
The stars on your boat will pay dividends in the friends you will meet, Fire Trout.... In fact: I work in the Morgan Hill area about ten days out of ever month so if you have an afternoon off and want to meet another Sniffer (and take him fishing) I'd be happy to oblige. We can go as fast as you want and I won't tell. 8)

Mickey_Thomas
12-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Nice "Unit" ;D ;D ;D

Durb
12-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Congrats on the new boat. Looks sweet. I can here the kids now. Daddy lets go fishing.

fishguts
12-11-2005, 08:54 PM
A perfect fit. Now if they will only let you tow it behind one of the wildland response units. Lights and sirens, man you can get fishin pretty quick. LOL.

troutfan
12-12-2005, 03:26 AM
Very nice ride! ;D

HollyWentFishin
12-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Wow ;D Congratulations! The boat is beautiful, the kids are good looking, and the dog looks like a great buddy. You are a great guy, and deserve it!

vvbob
12-12-2005, 09:47 AM
Love those Lund's.
You'll be very happy with it.

fish4fun
12-12-2005, 10:06 AM
We've had our 18ft Lund for 3 years now. Never looked back on the decision to buy it. It's a great multi-species fishing boat. Look forward to seeing you on the water.. Larry

Troutcoach
12-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Nice ride buddy! *http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3638/tongue46ur.gif *Santa came early for you. *Can't wait to see you at Amador on that bad boy.

freon
12-12-2005, 09:37 PM
hey buddy, congrats on the new rig, I cant see the pics, but hopefully I will be able to tomorrow as they arent working anywhere on the board and everyone else is having problems too. I hope to see you at amador soon and good luck in your new ride.

Dennis
12-13-2005, 05:21 AM
Well I see VVbob and fish4fun have said congrats. So as another Lund owner I'll join in Congrats and Nice boat!

vvbob
12-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Dennis
Us Lund guys have to stick together man! Those North River guys are tough....never know what they are gonna say, or do next ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

firetrout
12-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the comments, it is a great feeling to be in a boat like the Lund. :) I also want to thanks all of those other sniffers who have helped answer my many questions about the Susuki outboards the type of boat hulls, etc.

Many thanks to Hoghunter3 for his patience. ;)

My next things to research is for another fishfinder, radio and Bow trolling motor set-up, I do have a 9.9hp kicker and wonder if others still use bow mounted trolling mtrs?
Thanks Again,

Troutcoach
12-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Firetrout- It seems to me that an electric trolling motor might be a better ticket if you want to troll real real slow at a lake such as Amador. I have a Yamaha 9.9 on my boat and I still have to drag a couple of buckets behind me in order to get down to that super slow troll speed.

Did I read in another thread that you might be out at Amador on the 19th? If so, I'll see you out there and look forward to checking out your new toy.

TC

hoghunter3
12-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Looks like I may be going on the 19th as well (Promised a couple deer hunting buddies a trip) as long as Firetrout promises not to run over my Fishrite as he breaks in that Lund ;D

freon
12-13-2005, 12:11 PM
HH3, you know that Firetrout is getting old and the smoke might have deteriorated his eye sight just a bit, if I was you, I would play it on the safe side and stay at home, say like until next June ;)
Just trying to help you out buddy.
FT, I finally got to see your pics, Fireminnow, Fireprincess and Firedog sure do look cute in them. I am sure you will have no problem getting them onto the lake in that rig.
P.S. if you see HH3 at amador, make sure you drive right up to him to say hi ;D

hoghunter3
12-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Maybe I need to invest in a dozen extra boat fenders and hang them on both sides ;D

firetrout
12-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Not to worry HH, I'll have my 4 bumpers hanging out. Soryy if I troll over your line or take your lane. I'm a probie at this big stuff. :o

If Freon played sick I could have room, not sure if FireMinnow is able to make it, Dentist appt. ::) But he would have to leave that green bottle at home, hate to see him spill it in the boat. :-/

Troutcoach, I was told this 9.9 will go down to about .3mph? Always looking for new toys to buy :D but don't let the Mrs. find out. She already wants me to sell the exras I have,like the life jackets, fishing rod/reels that was included with the new boat. :-[ And when I told her the boat show and ISE shows are coming in Jan. she gave me a look >:(

Happy Fishing

fish4fun
12-13-2005, 02:19 PM
Firetrout, I have both a 8hp Yamaha kicker and a bow mount Minnkota with autopilot/copilot on the bow of my Lund. Use them both. The kicker will slow down to less than 1mph but probably not down to 0.3mph like HH recommends at Amador. There are times when the electric bow mount is the ticket. It's great when you want to be stealthy or troll really slow. The autopilot is like having an extra person on board keeping the boat on course while you're landing a fish. It would be a nice add in the future. See you on the water. Connie and I will see if we can join everyone on the 19th at Amador.. Larry

firetrout
12-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Larry, You hit it on the nose. I do think it's great to have when landing fish. Oh well. Now I have to buy something again. :D

fish4fun
12-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Firetrout, I sometimes use the kicker and the electric at the same time. I use the kicker for power and the electric on autopilot/copilot to steer. That way when I catch a fish I still have the electric keeping me on course while we land the fish. When I do this, I run the electric on a very low power, just enough to steer the boat. It's really useful when trollng into a strong headwind.. Larry

freon
12-13-2005, 07:45 PM
FT, there is only one way to troll and that is with both motors but for different reasons, use the bow mount(copilot minnkota) for light trolling in all waters except *for alkaline based waters like Pyramid or Eagle, use the gas one for high speed trolling (above two miles per hour)for a long duration, extended fishing trips (2+ days) or harsh waters. electric is the ultimate, giving you precise steering, no noise and precise speed, but you wont get more than one day out of them unless you find a way to recharge them. Gas vibrates the boat, makes a lot of noise and smoke and cost a bunch for gas, theres your pros and cons, take both if you can.
Oh yea, HH3 is just kidding you, he really likes to play boat tag and he said your it *;D
I cant play sick either, mostly cuz I already am friday to stugeon fishing at rio vista, then headed to disney land the following weekend for the kids at xmas, but I do have the week off after xmas, so I will be giving amador and HH3 fits *:D
and the green bottle always goes with me, cuz it rocks ;D

firetrout
12-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Well FireMinnow convinced my wife to call the dentist and scheduled another appt. date. FISHING COMES FIRST! Good boy! 8) Takes after his Dad. 8)

We'll be following HH and his buddies catching his throw backs.

Hope to get back after xmas and see you there.

freon
12-13-2005, 09:23 PM
Just do me a favor, if you see HH catching a bunch of fish and he grabs his phone, toss some donuts at him ;D
Friends dont let friends fish and call james :-/