PDA

View Full Version : Among the masses Amador 12-10-05

YakMotor
12-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Trackertundra had boated a 2lb cutbow before my friends, Noriaki and Keiko from Japan, and I arrived at 8am. *Deftly navigating past trollers and dock casters he quickly snagged us off the rental dock and we all were headed out for some fine fishing FUN.

As morning chill gave way to shirt sleeve sunshine "Captain Tracker" found lightly pumping a slow trolled half crawler near the surface was the ticket to put fish in our cooler. *Wooly buggers had been "magic" on Wednesday according to my frequently successful Amador fishing buddy, Bruce, but now on Saturday they got us nothing! *

Keiko's first trout came on a crawler rigged by "tracker Tom" a great, helpful, much appreciated volunteer captain and guide. *Noriaki and Keiko, in Folsom this past week to present a technical paper, had Saturday to visit me and continue our tradition of on-the-water recreation. *Noriaki's first cutbow also came on Tom's rod. *After the experience of donating a couple crawlers to talented hook-shy nibblers Noriaki eventually nailed and subdued a strong fighter all his own. *Keiko's second came on her rod shortly after I had changed over from a home tied dual hook wooly bugger to a 3" glow-yellow and white PowerBait "GULP" minnow. *She got another strong strike on the "GULP" minnow and then a little later hooked another but after a brief struggle it shook loose.

From my spot on the bow I was changing baits, listening to VHF channel 69 chatter, and enjoying the weather and scenery. *The wooly buggger I persisted towing and twitching on sink tip line just tagged behind. *Action for me came with photo ops.

About noon I counted close to 20 hard hulled boats and a smatter of pontooners at the far end of the lake. *Folks we came close to were polite, friendly, and many were "Sniffers." *The weekend crowd I'd dreaded wasn't so bad after all!

While trackertundra (TRULY a FIVE STAR guide ... Thank You!) had to leave early Noriaki, Keiko. and I moved to the picnic area for a fresh -as -you -can -get -'em fish feed. *Using my tabletop BBQ and camp stove we dined on boneless blackened, Cajun spiced, fillets and one trout BBQed whole tightly wrapped in foil with a half slice of bacon and chopped green onions on each side. *Mildly seasoned fluffy white rice and green salad with garlic croutons and chilled ranch dressing completed the modest but tasty menu.

Twilight brought goodbye smiles and handshakes and a promise from Noriaki that if Tom or I were ever get to Osaka we'd have a chance to catch red snapper from his boat. *Results from this day of FUN fishing and friendship are photo preserved memories and a new international rainbow trout angler probably now perusing posts on our forum.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/299/amadorcombo1210057xo.jpg

Foil wrapped BBQed cutbow ready for our plates.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1923/foilwrappedtrout1ph.jpg

Dennis
12-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Nice report, nice catch. Glad you were able to show them a great time. Thanks for the report on the boat traffic nice touch.

trackertundra
12-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Wow, you win the award for best designed post. You had to of put alot if time into that! I had a great time on Saturday. Let me know when you want to get out again. I am always begging people to go out fishing. I hope your friends had a great time. Sorry I had to leave early. As it was I was late getting home, and I'm still in the "Dog House", But that's another story for another day. Take care and thank's for contacting me and recomending this trip.

Tracker

YakMotor
12-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Yeah it did take some time putting together all the pictures and rearranging words for my post, but I enjoy doing it as much as goin fishing.

It was OUR pleasure believe me! Thanks! And yeah, It'd be great to fish with you again.

Doggone! The dog house? ... if we'd only known we would have come up to help you polish off the water spots before you trailered home! Heck, if she didn't appreciate the fillets she should at least be beaming at your gorgeous shiny boat!

firetrout
12-12-2005, 09:34 AM
Yak,
I sure love spoting your posts.They are truely amazing and enjoyable. *How about next time learning to include music? :o :D

Tracker, *Guys like you can make a great name for fisherman and Sniffers. *It sure is a good feeling to introduce people to our style of fishing and comfortable boating ;)

Hope to get to Amador next week on the kids vacation time.

YakMotor
12-12-2005, 09:44 PM
I'm fascinated by the new (free) Google Earth global satellite mapping program. I paid a small subscription for the "Plus" version so I could overlay GPS tracks and waypoints on the images.

This is only the second time I've tried to use this feature and I'm running into the problem of the track showing WAY OFF of where it should be. While I hope to soon learn how to fix this for this image I decided to just use Photoshop to edit a correction.

Looks like this satellite photo was taken at a time the lake is nearly full, while now it's maybe 50'down so shoreline is quite different. Anyway it looks better than the graphic representation from DeLorme Street Atlas that I used in the first post.

Is anyone interested in seeing this stuff? If not I won't post anymore.

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/5558/amadorgooglewgpslayer7yv.jpg

Know_Excuses
12-12-2005, 11:59 PM
I for 1 LOVE seeing this stuff

wormdragger
12-13-2005, 04:51 AM
More, I want more! This is very cool! Don't stop now!......wd

Dennis
12-13-2005, 05:09 AM
I vote to continue but scale the photo's back to 640 pixels wide. You can also use code to set the width and height. See yabbc code (http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb/YaBBHelp/posting.html#yabbc)

Reno_Hookers
12-13-2005, 06:03 AM
Your GPS tracking and overlays are great for those of us that have not fished Amador yet.

Thanks for your effort!!!

vvbob
12-13-2005, 09:01 AM
Nice job Yakmotor
I have been to Amador & your map & track are very interesting. For those who have never been there it gives them a whole lot of insight...
Now if only those guys catching those big browns would do the same thing.......... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hoghunter3
12-13-2005, 09:11 AM
Vacaville Bob....Ya Right!!!!!! ;)

roswalt
12-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Nice job YakMotor! interesting and useful, thanks for all of the effort you have put forth.

-fishable