PDA

View Full Version : Amador on Sat. 12/10? Who and How Much?

CraigV
12-08-2005, 05:06 AM
Whats up fello slamador slayers. looks like a decent weekend coming up. making our 4th trip since the cuttbow*season began (would have been twice a week atleast if we did not live so far away). whos got plans for a saturday outing at amador? ALSO, what was the total fish plant to date at your most recent outing? it was still under 20,000 lbs last time we were there. looks like the water temp is dropping (as well as air temp....time to stack up the clothes) and with the recent rains and wind, the trout are finally more spread out, instead of all under the boat house and along the dam. Sure they are still there though. glad to see some decent reports still. havent seen the 50-100+ fish days recently, but surely not doubting them either. i believe we saw Mike22 and his better half pulling up fish after fish. what teamwork!! hope everyone has a good weekend wherever they end up. we are happy as long as we get consistent action at amador. sometimes the ones that get off ARE more fun than the ones we net!!
I THINK WE'RE TAKING THE MEDIUM BOAT THIS TIME, NOT THE BIG BASS BOAT OR THE SMALL ALUMINUM, SO IF YOU SEE A JAPANESE GUY AND A WHITE GUY FISHIN ON A DARK GREEN OLDER FIBERGLASS BOAT WITH GRAY PLATFORMS THAT IS SET UP LIKE A SMALL BASS BOAT (IT HAS SEATTLE MARINERS EMBLEMS ON THE FRONT, CANT MISTAKE IT), BE SURE TO WAVE, AND IF YOU ARE ON THE BANKS, WE'LL TRY NOT TO GET TO CLOSE, OR POST UP ON THE BOAT HOUSE UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, OR IF YOU ARE OUT TROLLIING, WATCH OUT FOR MY BUDDIE BMOE'S LINE IF WE ARE TROLLING TOO. HE HAS A TENDENCY TO LET OUT A MILLION FEET OF LINE.
AND IF YOU CAN REMEMBER, SHOUT OUT "B-MO-FISHIN!" IF YOU SEE US. IM SURE MY BUDDIE WOULD WONDER HOW EVERYONE KNOWS HIS NICKNAME!

THAT WAS "B-MO-FISHIN!" *thanks guys and happy fishing to all. * * * *craig v.

CraigV
12-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Well, since not a single reply, i guess ill just answer my own question :'(. and for those others like me who havent been to amador for a few weeks, the total planting is up to 55,000 lbs. that cost me a long distance call...boo hoo. :-[ Anyways, we will be up there at opening. hope to see everyone catching big ones all over! looking foward to good day on the water. we'll cruise around and take some video of everyone enjoying the day with some slammin poles.
Watch for a green boat with Seattle Mariners emblems and throw a hand up, and SHOUT " B-MO-FISHIN!" to get my fishing buddy scratchin' his head..."how they know my nickname.....?? PEACE AND FISH ON! :D

Forgot to ask you guys. We go to amador from time to time to bass fish. we just hate the $30+ fee to bass fish without taking any fish home, but we catch and release all bass. Do any of you Trouters also Bass fish at Amador? my largest was 7lbs there and it wasnt a nite bite. actually it happened during the 1pm dead time in late spring. other than that one, all other bass were mostly 2-3lbers. favorite spot is up around rock creek. we did score several lures one morning along the banks after a night bass tournament. only caught 3 bass that day, but must have taken home 10 kickin' lures! one was an old custom wood square lip crankbait. i would have went back and got that one. if i knew whos it was, i would have definitely returned that lure back to its owner, but ;D thanks tournament guys!!

robert_long
12-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Good luck on saturday...looks like most sniffers are going sunday...dress warm as its a cold one a.m. Troll very slow with a one inch power tube ,no lead.

Robert

marine47
12-09-2005, 05:54 PM
hey robert what is a power tube?

jwilson
12-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Partner and I will be out there tomorrow and I think a few other sniffers have posted on the 12/11 amador posting they will be out too. Just look for the gregor with upside down sniffer stars on one side ;D

freon
12-09-2005, 07:35 PM
JW, upside down stars on one side only, had just a bit too much tekillya did ya ;D
Hey, while your out there tomorrow and you see a guy in a fiberglass blue and white boat, cast at him, he really likes that, he wants a piercing too, sort of like Dennis ;D
Help me out here partner :D
Marine47, they are power tubes, just like grubs or worms except they have frilly little tails on them. A little hard to find usually though, I would still go with what I told you, Hey, if you see a small aluminum boat with two people in it, go by and say hi ;D ;D ;D
Freon

freon
12-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Hey Partner, if you see a green and white crestliner, give him the same welcoming party ;D ;D
I am seriously having way too much fun with this :D

Dennis
12-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Hey Freon, what's with the piercing. You going through a phase?

marine47
12-09-2005, 08:10 PM
i will be out there, white crownline with stars, RON M should also be out there, little sniffer fest i will be sure to keep an eye out, channel 68 or 69 vhf?

freon
12-09-2005, 08:38 PM
I am not sure exactly how we ended up there, but since we are, just having a little fun with it. I am sure that Jw and Partner would never do something like that ::)

freon
12-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Hey Jw and Partner ,that white and blue boat is actually a crownline ;D

marine47
12-09-2005, 09:00 PM
freon, you throwin me under the bus, didn't realize you were throwin me out there, no piericings for me, im sure i can give some piercings with my sig ;D ;D

marine47
12-09-2005, 09:01 PM
were you hoping i showed up with studs in my ears on all those salmon trips, ;D

Dennis
12-09-2005, 09:13 PM
were you hoping i showed up with studs in my ears on all those salmon trips, *
Now there's a visual. The unibomber and a marine with studs in his ears. ::)

marine47
12-09-2005, 09:15 PM
lmao,

freon
12-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Naw, just kidding with you two, I would never wish harm against anyone, especially a couple of good fishing buddies. but you gotta admit it was pretty darn funny, at least to me, I was rolling. Marine, if you show up on my boat with earrings, its gonna be a short trip ;D

marine47
12-09-2005, 09:20 PM
you had me lmao, to bad you werent going to be out there tomarrow, sounds like it will be some fun out there, that roe you wanted is still in my freezer

RonM
12-09-2005, 09:22 PM
i will be out there, white crownline with stars, RON M should also be out there, little sniffer fest i will be sure to keep an eye out, channel 68 or 69 vhf?

Yeah, I'll be out too, look for a 14ft Klamath with a Japanese guy in it.

jwilson
12-09-2005, 10:18 PM
freon it sounds like you had to much tekillya while typing on this topic :P ;D . To bad you won't be out tomorrow to keep us all in good company.

PlugROCKSTAR
12-09-2005, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I'll be out too, look for a 14ft Klamath with a Japanese guy in it.

you bringin' the Hooters Girls Ron ??? ;D ;D

RonM
12-09-2005, 10:56 PM
you bringin' the Hooters Girls Ron ??? ;D ;D

LOL....Naw My wfie would have something to say about that but, we still need to hook up Carlo.

PlugROCKSTAR
12-10-2005, 08:09 AM
LOL....Naw My wfie would have something to say about that but, we still need to hook up Carlo.

you let me know when, and i'll be there. ;D

freon
12-10-2005, 07:27 PM
so where is all of the replies from all of you trout slayers? I heard from one of you earlier, so I know you got some fish.

RonM
12-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Well, Iím sitting here just finished eating the catch of the day. We had a great day on the water with marine47. Arrived at the lake early and met Pilot Hill Mark and Tundra Tracker in the parking lot. On the water about 06:45 but kept missing everything, lost 4 or 5 in the first hour. JWilson and Partner showed up with a little passenger and Tundra Tracker went back to the dock to pick up Yak Motor and friends from Japan. Finally around 08:00 marine47 had the first fish in the boat. Ended up with 7 in the boat by 10:30 and all 10 by 14:00.

At one point we had a double hook-up, my spool on my spinning reel broke, fell into the water and all of my line was sitting in a birds nest on my foot. I had to pull the fish in the old fashioned way, by hand. Got the fish in the net but didnít have time to get it out before marine had his fish to the boat so I went after his fish with mine still in the net. Must have looked like the Laurel and Hardy out there.

Must not have been meant to have pictures today, marine forgot his camera and I forgot to change the image size on my call phone camera so all I got was small pictures.

It was great to see everyone. Thanks marine for a great day out on the water.

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/Amador_12_10_05_C.jpg

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/Amador_12_10_05.jpg

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/Amador_12_10_05_B.jpg

freon
12-10-2005, 09:58 PM
great job Ron, even if they are small pics, they add a lot to the post. Sorry to hear about your reel, you two really did have a rough day, I feel for you, mostly cuz I have been there before too. What was your biggest fish?

RonM
12-10-2005, 10:06 PM
great job Ron, even if they are small pics, they add a lot to the post. Sorry to hear about your reel, you two really did have a rough day, I feel for you, mostly cuz I have been there before too. What was your biggest fish?

The reel wasn't a big deal, I had another pole with me and I have a spare spool. It was funny as hell when it happened. We didn't measure any of them, Jim had the biggest looked like 16" to 17" maybe 3 lb to 3.5 lbs. The one he wanted was the one that hit so hard it snapped his line. He had just finshed letting it out and his pole doubled over and the line snapped.