PDA

View Full Version : Englebrite 12-9-05

Captain_Morgan
12-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Hit the lake with loosegoose about 8am. Tryed top lineing dodger with crawlers around the dam,nothing. Jammed to the no ski bouys & started trolling again,nothing. Jammed back to the dam I caught a 13" rainbow around 10am. Thats all folks!!!! Lakes not ready yet. Soon! Didn't mark many fish either. Not much of a post. ::) Caught the only fish on watermelon dodger & crawler @ 15'.Off the lake at noon.

jwilson
12-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the post...we were thinking about going there tomorrow to try it out. Since it sounds like the lake is not ready for some good fishing we will probably hit another lake.
Judy

Troutcoach
12-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Hey Captain Morgan, you've been pretty quiet lately. Always look forward to your posts. To bad on the fish count. I've fished Englebright only once before and tore them up in the dead heat of summer, but I was anchored in a little cove using salmon eggs. Still waiting to hear from you on whether Collins is producing good numbers yet. Thanks for the report.

TC

Captain_Morgan
12-10-2005, 08:41 AM
Hey TC,

I think figured out the trout pattern. They take Thanksgiving through new years off( holidays of course).Then come back around tax time to pay there dues.(fish-on) But, the part I can't figure out is where do they go for the holidays?(to the malls?)

capt thinkalot

stagger_lee
12-10-2005, 08:51 AM
What about Scotts Flat ? Anybody try that lake lately ?

Empty_Net
12-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Never fished the lake. Just curious, how far is it from the dam up the river arm to where the Yuba river enters the lake? The 'sniffer map doesn't have a scale bar to estimate the distance.

Did you guys try any still fishing or just trolling? With the water temps dropping, some of those coves and banks that are exposed to the sun may be a little warmer and might be worth a shot.

Also, if you don't graph any fish they might be cruising very shallow(top 5'), and out of the cone angle of your transducer. When you troll through an area holding fish, they spook to the sides away from the boat. a good time to run some sideplaners. Then again, it just might have been one of those days. :-/ Don't ya get a kick trying to figure out fish and what they might be doing. ;D

Captain_Morgan
12-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Empty Net, We just trolled,& I think your right about spooking the fish on the top water. From the dam as far as we went it's about 2 to 3 miles,i'm guessing.Then it gets about 3' deep.We did talk about droping some lines but never tryed it. The water temp was 48. GL!!!