PDA

View Full Version : Amador 12-4

robert_long
12-05-2005, 06:41 AM
Got to the lake at 6:08 am, burrrr 31.6 degrees. Paid the fees and hit the water, 56 degrees. Was about the third boat on ther water. Just got pass the docks, bam first fish. Oh crap, have to take gloves off to deal with fish.
Put him in the box, about a 2.5 - 3.5 lbs. I was trolling very slow with a 1 inch power bait tube bait, yellow in color, no lead, back about 80 feet. Ran in Freon and 916 Steelhead a little later. I was shocked by the size on
916 Steelhead in person, maybe its a bad photo on his screen. Graet to see you guys. Caught seven,took five
home for the bbq.

Robert

Farrier_Frank
12-05-2005, 07:04 AM
Congratulations Robert - Did you try the roe? - Travis and I went back to the O'Neil Fore bay Saturday and finally landed some stripers - I told you 916 wasn't a midget, but I was just as surprised as you when I first met him. ;)

PlugROCKSTAR
12-05-2005, 07:49 AM
Congratulations Robert - Did you try the roe? - Travis and I went back to the O'Neil Fore bay Saturday and finally landed some stripers - I told you 916 wasn't a midget, but I was just as surprised as you when I first met him. ;)

Ooh now i'm a freak :-[. first Mickey called me a Rookie and nnow the two of you are calling me a Giant :'( :-[

robert_long
12-05-2005, 07:51 AM
Frank,I never used the roe, it was in the ice chest. I did ok with the tube baits, so I never used it. Glad you did good at the forebay with you son.

Robert

Farrier_Frank
12-05-2005, 09:32 AM
We're not calling you a giant 916, just freaky. ;D

Robert... I'm taking the roe you gave me over to GC's today as he knows what to do with it. Maybe I'll learn how to turn it into caviar. ::)

robert_long
12-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Well we just got done with a masive bbq lunch here at work, fed us and some other people from other shops. Lets see,
Five Amador trout with secret sauce, potato salad, macaroni salad, garlic bread. Boy it was waaaayyy good.
Now they all say they need a nap.

Robert

freon
12-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Robert, excellent report, glad you did so well. It was fun to see you out there, hopefully we will pass each other some more out there :D
Just for the record, Carlo is not a freak and he really isnt big, just his head when he catches a lot of fish ;D but then again, dont we all have that problem ;)

BassFooler
12-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Carlo is not a freak at all- but it is shocking seeing a six foot midget... :o :o :o ;)

PlugROCKSTAR
12-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Carlo is not a freak at all- but it is shocking seeing a six foot midget... :o :o :o ;)

you guys better stop pickin' on me or i'll tell Freon ;D

robert_long
12-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Hey Freon, when I was close to you on the lake and talking,
and you said this is 916 steelhead, he sure looked tall in your big boat. Maybe its because I was in a 13 ft tin can
looking up to him. So is he 6 feet tall or what? I looked at the photo of him and well it does not look right? Whats up with that?

Robert

BigOkieWhiteBoy916
12-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Ooh now i'm a freak :-[. first Mickey called me a Rookie and nnow the two of you are calling me a Giant :'( :-[

Hey 916 if you want I could go fishing with you sometime. You won't feel so much like a giant anymore lol ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
12-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Hey 916 if you want I could go fishing with you sometime. You won't feel so much like a giant anymore lol ;D

you and Double_D ;D

freon
12-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Robert, he is 6ft 18inches tall ;D
he is considered a bastketball hero in most foreign countrys, ;D
He only looks big in his waders, but when he is standing in the water he looks normal :D
But I guess that means that when he holds a fish up and it looks large, it must really be large.

beardancing
12-09-2005, 12:16 PM
My Daddy told me its not how tall you are that counts, but how long of a shadow you cast! ;)