PDA

View Full Version : Melones 11-3-05

FreshwaterFrank
12-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Finally got out there again, waiting for a break in the weather. Today was great, sorta. Lines in water by 7:00 in Carson Cove. 50mm Yozuri Pinns minnows @ 40 & 27 feet. Lake has still not turned over, surface temp 60*. At 7;15 I get a good strike & boat a nice fat 14" bow. Darn bass fishermen are sitting right on the point I want to troll by, and finally they move on. I make a pass & @ 7:45 my bottom line takes off like a rabid skunk. Some delicate manuevering in the wind & shallows, the fish is pulling like a monster...can't figure what it could be? Felt like a 20 lb. carp. Finally get it close, and it's a big beautiful rainbow! Foul hooked just below the dorsal fin! I let it burn off steam until I can get it netted & then I just admired the thing. Easy 5 lbs...possibly 6. I get the hook out & consider the options. I couldn't feel good about it, so I let it go, but I'm going back there tomorrow! One more 15" bow about an hour later, around the corner...and that was it. Slow, but whatever you catch will probably be nice. Lake should turn over soon....it's certainly cold enough on the water!

digger
12-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Great report. Even if its a month old (11/3) ;D, just teasing. Thanks for taking the time. I would really like to spend some time on that lake, so everytime I see a report on it I`m all over it. Hopefully soon.

Durb
12-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the report. I was wanting to go today. Ended having to work. If all goes well. Friday will be the day. She should turn over real soon.

FreshwaterFrank
12-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the report. I was wanting to go today. Ended having to work. If all goes well. Friday will be the day. She should turn over real soon.

When she goes, it will take a while for the fish to adapt. I figure the next couple days are opportunities that might not happen again until next year & the next good moon. Maybe you'll make it for friday...I hope...because I'm hitting it every good day this week. Very few boaters for a saturday. You basically have Melones to yourself any day from now until April/May. Enjoy!

Ironhead
12-04-2005, 03:56 AM
Thanks for the report. It is Sunday 3:30 am and heading that way. Hopefully it will be worth the 3 hour drive. Let you know real soon how it turned out.

Ironhead

badbobfishing33
12-05-2005, 10:43 AM
I bet the bass fisherman say the same thing "darn trout guys trolling by us" the lake is plenty big no need to pick on the bass guys!!!They have a right to fish there too.... ;D ;D ;D

FreshwaterFrank
12-05-2005, 01:44 PM
I bet the bass fisherman say the same thing "darn trout guys trolling by us" the lake is plenty big no need to pick on the bass guys!!!They have a right to fish there too.... ;D ;D ;D

Frikken yo-yo's want my respect they can dial it back to only 40mph when they go by 50 ft. away. Water skiers with fishing poles AFAIC.

Farrier_Frank
12-05-2005, 06:28 PM
AFAIC ??? As fast as I can ??? I doubt it. Must have more of a punch line than Mickey talking to Minnie. ::)

Dennis
12-05-2005, 07:44 PM
AFAIC = AS Far As I'm Concerned.

FreshwaterFrank
12-05-2005, 08:32 PM
AFAIC = AS Far As I'm Concerned.

LMAO = Laughing my arse off....until one of 'em swamps me.