PDA

View Full Version : Stumpy 11/28

Garden_Valley_Fish
11-28-2005, 03:29 PM
;DWell I took advantage of the morning .Called this morning and no work so I headed out to do some fishing. Got in at around 7:30 ,Had thoughts of HH but not enough time and with the weather changing I didn’t want to chance it. As I got the second line in the first got a hit ,good sign, put the rod in the holder to have a “cup o coffee” and it gets hit, figures .Ended up with 7 in the boat and many missed strikes.Wasn’t planning on keeping any but the three I kept were bleeding bad so to the smoker they will go. Snowing pretty good not a lot of wind and it wasn’t raining I ‘d rather see snow than rain. All browns today no bows all on top using rapalas.Was all done by 11:00 warmed up in the truck for a half hr before tying down and hitting the road. Lots of snow on the road and good thing I left when I did ,slid several times on the way home.
Water surface temp. 49

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/stumpy.JPG

notime
11-28-2005, 03:58 PM
nice stringer of fish. good for you

Mickey_Thomas
11-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Way to go Rich, glad you finally got out there ;) and you caught some fish too ;D were there any other boats out there or were you the only hard core fisherman today?

Garden_Valley_Fish
11-28-2005, 04:15 PM
Thanks.
Not another soul on the lake ;D ;D ;D Was hoping for bigger but wasn't disapointed with the action.These 3 came in with all three hooks in them and put up a good fight.

Sierra_hillbilly
11-28-2005, 04:52 PM
GVF great trip. The browns are on the bite. They are getting ready for the big freeze in most lakes. I know stump doesn't freeze over but it sure gets cold up there.

TS5655
11-28-2005, 05:20 PM
Nice job Rich. Sure hope you can get out more now.

Terry

freon
11-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Rich, nice pics, glad to see you back out there, I was starting to wonder what happened to you as I havent seen a post from you in awhile. I bet it was a bit chilly out there, but you got a nice reward for your efforts.
Freon

Co-Pilot
11-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Good job Rich,
My phone must have not been working because I know you would at least call me to join you yesterday. ;)
It wasn't enough that you kick my butt at my lake, now you're doing it everywhere ;D ;D
Funny how you can still catch a lot of fish when you leave all that hardware at home and just stay with the basic Stickbaits. ;) 8)

vito
11-29-2005, 10:37 AM
Wow - great day. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Garden_Valley_Fish
11-29-2005, 06:45 PM
SH it does get cold I remember we used to put our beer in the water to keep it cold!!

Thanks Terry I sure hope so

Freon 7 browns in three hrs was a good day.

Tim what can I say I knew you’d be at work and busy with the party and checking the boards and filling out insurance papers and all so I knew you couldn’t make.
Did you get my call SUN??
Tim you know I don’t go telling everyone how I catch more fish than you when we go out Im just not that way…
I do remember when I wouldn’t drag a Rapala around more than a 1\2 hr.

Vito it was a ball when I was in the back and couldn’t see the ramp I thought I might go fish the dam to check the ramp!!

Live4Trout
11-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Nice browns Rich!! Two weeks in a row out there in the cold dragging raps. you better watch it or you will be hooked like us and have browns on the bain all the time. You don't have to worry untill you find your self going to the tackleshop and buying all the "good" color rapalas (so that no one else will get them) then sanding them down and repainting them!!!!!
see you out there john

Co-Pilot
11-30-2005, 09:37 AM
Did you get my call SUN??
Tim you know I don’t go telling everyone how I catch more fish than you when we go out Im just not that way…

Yes I did and Thanks. ;)

And if you and Bruce don't start letting me catch some, I'm gonna leave you at home. ;D ;D

Garden_Valley_Fish
11-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Thanks John,
I ‘ve had them on the brain for some time(Browns) just didn’t have the clues yet ,or the time to put in soon,soon…Funny thing about the paint thing I had 2 sanded down Raps in the car all summer to give to Tim and I never got them to him so I painted them myself.They didn’t catch any fish though!! The best lure was a modified one the one out of the box only got 1 fish and the mod had several hits and 2 fish.I wouldn’t have fished the one out of the box if the hooks hadn’t got all jacked on fish #2.

Tim what can I say scoop and I might have to fish without you this winter …you need to rest the back!!Take care of it OK .

Co-Pilot
12-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Rest Indeed ;)

Rich, how did the cold TEAL do ??? ;D ;D

Garden_Valley_Fish
12-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Rich, how did the cold TEAL do

ONE ;D

Mickey_Thomas
12-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Rich, how did the cold TEAL do ;D ;D
Is this some kind of code, what is a "cold TEAL"