PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Next Week?

hoghunter3
11-26-2005, 08:31 AM
Anyone planning on fishing Pyramid next week?? Wife and I are planning a trip Tuesday- Thursday if the wind forecast looks decent.

Mickey_Thomas
11-26-2005, 09:58 AM
I want to go up too, seems the weather report keeps changing ::) big suprise ??? When are you leaving? I might be able to talk Hammer into a trip is I rent him a room at Crosbys ;) Do you carry chains for your boat trailer HH3? today they are calling for rain (snow) everyday except Weds. I don't mind fishing in the rain but I do mind getting stuck going over the mountains in a snow storm, pm me with your tenitive plans, I bet we can work something out ;D

Mickey_Thomas
11-26-2005, 10:03 AM
For: 1.2 miles north of Sutcliffe.
Created: November 26, 2005 09:54:55 PST

: Lake Wind Advisory Saturday 2:00am PST to Saturday 5:00pm PST

Today: Partly cloudy. Isolated snow showers. Probability of measurable precipitation 20 percent. North wind 15 gusting to 24 mph. High 41.

Tonight: Partly cloudy. North wind 8 mph. Low 20.

Sunday: Partly cloudy. North wind 8 mph. High 37.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy. Light wind. Low 28.

Monday: Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of rain. Probability of measurable precipitation 20 percent. Southwest wind 15 mph. High 47.

Monday Night: Mostly cloudy. Chance of rain. Probability of measurable precipitation 30 percent. Low 35.

Tuesday: Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of rain. Probability of measurable precipitation 20 percent. High 50.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of rain. Probability of measurable precipitation 20 percent. Low 32.

Wednesday: Mostly cloudy. High 45.

Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy. Low 30.

Thursday: Mostly cloudy. High 47.

Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of rain. Probability of measurable precipitation 20 percent. Low 34.

Friday: Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of rain. Probability of measurable precipitation 20 percent. High 45.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of rain. Probability of measurable precipitation 20 percent. Low 30.

Here's what they are saying now for Sutcliffe right now :D Doesn't look to bad ;)

Abe
11-26-2005, 01:29 PM
If it was at all like today then dont go! 4 to 5 foot swells and the bite was OFF! Made me a little nervous in my 21 foot north river.

Mickey_Thomas
11-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Lake Wind Advisory Saturday 2:00am PST to Saturday 5:00pm PST

Today: Partly cloudy. Isolated snow showers. Probability of measurable precipitation 20 percent. North wind 15 gusting to 24 mph. High 41.

I bet this is why it was so bad ??? your North River probably handled it alright but getting it on the trailer at the dock is tough ;)

Abe
11-26-2005, 04:00 PM
No Doubt

Mr_Ed
11-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Micky; loading your boat in high winds!
Thats why you got your wife those chest wadders,right???

That is one reason I don't like to go out on Pyramid by my self. Any other lake, and you can get it on the trailer.

If they would put in some wind/water breaks it would really help.

PS Noticed they have a small dock at popcorn now !!
Later...Ed

Mickey_Thomas
11-26-2005, 05:53 PM
With Hammer in the boat he usually drops me off to get the truck and he drives it on. Even the dropping off part can get hairy when it's blowing. Especially when I'm not as agile as I used to be ;)

Abe
11-26-2005, 06:25 PM
My brother and I use the same method. Northriver with cooler on the back makes it tough.

Mr_Ed
11-28-2005, 12:04 PM
You guys also have to be careful when there is ice on the ramp & dock!! My buddy last year went down, when his feet went out from under him. He got shookup and hit the back of his head on landing. He was ok, just a lot of sore spots to rub, while fishing......Watch out for ICE !!

If you are going to hurt yourself; do it getting that BIG FISH into the boat!!!

Good luck...Ed

somebody
11-28-2005, 01:49 PM
are you kiddingut chains for your boat trailer or is that a calif law?

Mako
11-29-2005, 07:14 AM
They made my brother chain his boat trailer yesterday coming through Truckee :o

THE_TROUTKING
11-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Ive been up there and all they made me do is throw chains on the truck 2 or 4 wheel it does matter when towing a boat.No trailer restrictions.

I was up at pyramid in my 16 ft klamath with north winds pushing 5 ft swells what can say it was a blast headed directly in to them ;D ;D ;D.
pulling the boat out it is a hole nother story. :o.

Brian

Big_Country
11-29-2005, 01:34 PM
If you're pulling a boat or any kind of trailer across the Sierra this time of year, you need to carry chains for your truck, whether it is a 4-wheeler or not.

Good luck all at Pyramid...I'll hit Eagle Lake one final time next month before it closes for the season...

Mickey_Thomas
11-29-2005, 01:48 PM
They made my brother chain his boat trailer yesterday coming through Truckee

My understanding is if you have a trailer with tandem wheels,(2 tires on each sides) you have to chain the set that has the brakes on them. I wish one of the Highway Patrol members would chime in here and give us the real poop ;)

Mako
11-29-2005, 04:51 PM
My wheel fenders are within about a 1/2 from my tires on my trailer. This prohibites chaines or cables.

lake-troller
11-30-2005, 12:24 PM
I came over I80 Monday at 4:00pm. I have a 4wd, they made me chain the truck, and said if I had trailer brakes I would have to chain them. I have a single axle. Any one with tandem was having to chain the braking axle.

burninfuel
11-30-2005, 12:43 PM
In california you must chain up if you are pulling a trailer and some officers say to chain the trailer, so get a set of cables for your trailer and at least 1 set for your 4x4, you'll need it on the ramps ;D ;D