PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid

fishosprey
11-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Fished Sat. caught 12 total with a 4 3/4 lb. the largest. That put me in a tie for 2nd place at the Pyramid lake store derby. Sun. caught 9 more fish, 3 more about 4 1/2 lbs but nothing over 5. Results for the derby 7.1, 5.0, and 4.14. No money this time, but the fish are moving in. Try a white dropper and olive point fly or black and peacock, but a lot of fish being caught on white. North nets is doing better than the south for now.

troutfan
11-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the update Fishosprey. *Good information! ;D

Abe
11-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Nice work!! I also fished on friday saturday and sunday. (from a boat). Caught a total of over 120 fish in three days. Couldnt get over 231/2 inchs. Hooked up a nice fish that I would guess was 7 pounds on friday off of wino beach but lost him three feet from the net. Most upseting thing happened yesterday at 4pm. I hooked up a huge fish! I use my salmon rod when troling and this fish bent it in two. It just kept pulling line. We pulled all the lines up to try to chase the fish before it spooled me. As we got the boat turned and was ready for the fight I felt the hook pop out and my heart DROP!! If I had to guess at the size,,,I would say maybe 12 to 18 pounds. The largest I have caught is 9 pounds and this fish pulled twice as hard as that fish did. Oh well...That is why they call if fishing and not catching.

vvbob
11-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Ocheeeeee :'(

Mako
11-29-2005, 07:11 AM
Great fishing. What area of the lake where you fishing? and what where you trolling?

Abe
11-29-2005, 07:21 AM
I was every place. But I caught the most fish off wino,spyder and I caught fish all the way around the island. My brother and i were both useing the apex with the chip but mine had fallen out. I was catching ten to his one untill we took the chip out of his. Then he started catching just as many. Very strange.

Mickey_Thomas
11-29-2005, 07:33 AM
My brother and i were both useing the apex with the chip but mine had fallen out. I was catching ten to his one untill we took the chip out of his. Then he started catching just as many. Very strange.

I don't think this is a good commerical for echip ;D ;D ;D

drstressor
11-29-2005, 08:49 AM
I can't understand why an unregulated intermittent electrical discharge should do anything other than distract or repel fish. The chips have fallen out for a few of my StingKings and they still work. They are good lures with a better low speed action than Apexes. But I don't know about that chip. When StingKings first came out, I fished for a couple of trips with similar colored Apexes and StingKings on each side of the boat. This was not really a definitive test because of the different actions. When ever I increased the speed, most of the hits would come on the Apex. When I slowed down, they would mostly hit the StingKing. I'm going to do a side by side comparison of Stingkings with and without the chip this winter and will post the results.

Mako
11-29-2005, 09:23 AM
any special color or size that worked best?

This seams to be consistent to the faster speeds I'm using with Lyman's, for quantity.

troutfan
11-29-2005, 09:40 AM
I can't understand why an unregulated intermittent electrical discharge should do anything other than distract or repel fish. The chips have fallen out for a few of my StingKings and they still work. They are good lures with a better low speed action than Apexes. But I don't know about that chip. When StingKings first came out, I fished for a couple of trips with similar colored Apexes and StingKings on each side of the boat. This was not really a definitive test because of the different actions. When ever I increased the speed, most of the hits would come on the Apex. When I slowed down, they would mostly hit the StingKing. I'm going to do a side by side comparison of Stingkings with and without the chip this winter and will post the results. *
Those results will be very interesting.

Big_Country
11-29-2005, 02:39 PM
I've used both watermelon Sting King and Apex lures at Pyramid each trip I've been there over the last twelve months and I haven't noticed a tremendous difference in the strike rates. It likely just another gimmick targeted at fisherman instead of fish...

Abe
11-29-2005, 05:29 PM
I have noticed that I get more strikes below 50 feet with the chip. I think its because of the sound more then the impulse it releases.

drstressor
11-29-2005, 05:30 PM
You don't have to fish deeper than 50 ft at Pyramid. >:(

BITE_ME_II
11-29-2005, 05:32 PM
Doc you beat me to it again!!

BITE ME II
>:( >:(