PDA

View Full Version : trout fishing bay area

fisherdude4eva
11-21-2005, 05:53 PM
I mite go trout fishing on the shore one day this week. Wondering wheres a good place to go. Quarry Lakes, Chabot, DelValle. I live really near sandy wool lake but i dont know if that place is actually worth fishing. THanks.

ken_fishnfool
11-22-2005, 08:21 AM
I can tell you that Del Valle is unusually slow for this time of year. They just don't want to bite! (I think they are to full of shad).
I found a decent bite at Los Vaqueros and it's not much further than Del Valle. Vasco road north from 580 for about 4 miles.

profzim2
11-22-2005, 11:09 AM
I was thinking about going to Del Valle this Friday but some of the reports I've read here are making me think twice. What do you think the better options for this week are? Lafayette? Los Vaqueros? Chabot?

If anyone wants to come with on Friday, shoot me an IM. You all rock!

ken_fishnfool
11-22-2005, 01:11 PM
A friend of mine wants trout so I am taking him to Los Vaqueros tomorrow. Keep in mind that Del Valle is my favorite lake...That should give you a clue. :P ;)

profzim2
11-28-2005, 01:52 PM
hey Ken, thanks for the tip. I ended up getting sick plus Friday was raining, so I skipped. How did you end up doing at Vaqueros? Seems like there's been a lull, but I have a feeling things will pick up again soon. On a happier note, I did get a f/w spinning combo for lake trout at Sportmart for $15! Gotta love those Xmas sales, hehe.

fishsearch
11-28-2005, 03:22 PM
Los Vaqueros would be a better bet right now. I have not been to this lake during the winter time but have had decent trips during spring, summer and fall months (mostly trolling though). I hear the lake stays relatively clear, so trout fishing should hold up nicely year round; that is, if one can withstand those blustery days that LV tend to have.

ken_fishnfool
11-29-2005, 10:37 AM
I ended up with 2 and my friend got 3 and we missed a couple bites each, for three hours fishing. The fish had moved so we should have walked around more. We ended up finishing the day off at Del Valle (couldn't resist bassing from the bank, can you say 4.5 pounds!) :o ;D

These storms will definately make things more interesting, trout wise (finally)! ;)