PDA

View Full Version : Amador Report  11/25/05

mike22ca
11-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Went to Amador this morning with my cousin and my buddy Rod. Wow was it a totally different experience with this weather and this rain! I caught about 5 or 6 today, Rod caught 6 or 7, and my cousin didnt get any trout! From 700-100 fish mornings to this! Rod ended up losing a fishing pole/combo to the fish gods. Trout yanked that sucker right in and there was nothing we could do about it. BUT, the highlight of the day would have to be the good crappie fishing. I caught about 10, Rod caught 10, and my cousin caught about freakin 50 LOL. There were a couple regulars getting them on minnows, but white and chartruse crappie jigs out produced the live bait. Well we got soaked and lost a rod and all, but it was still fun.

marine47
11-25-2005, 03:46 PM
did you happen to talk to anyone trolling out there?

Manteca Steve
11-25-2005, 07:14 PM
Hey Mike
Glad to see that you caught some fish 5 or 6. Still a good day for most of us. Rod lose his rod combo it was his Huck Finn pole right! ::)Ouch!

Mike I was thinking about going today, but Iv'e gone there after thanksgiving the crowd was brutal! How was it this time!

hairbear
11-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Was there also and saw and heard the sacrifishal offering to the fish gods. The trollers that I talked to said it was dead for them also.
I know where the pole and the shimano reel went!

mike22ca
11-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Steve, it was dead as hell all around actually. That Dam was the emptiest that Ive ever seen it. It was pouring out there, at least the crappie fishin was fun though.

LOL Hairbear, did u really get it? How did you guys hook it? Rod's not on the boards so he don't know yet hehehe ;)

hairbear
11-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Shimano sonora 1500 and 5 ft ultra light rod. My other buddy that was getting the crappie with minnows rigged up some trebles drug the bottom and snagged it in about 5 minutes at west end of the dock. Complete with the 4" bluegill no BS. ;D

hairbear
11-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Actually we are holding it for ransom. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mike22ca
11-25-2005, 09:18 PM
I told the old guy with the big ol white beard what was in the Ummmmmmm lol. He musta been keeping is a secret from the rest of you guys ;)

Actually we are holding it for ransom. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hairbear
11-25-2005, 09:30 PM
I told the old guy with the big ol white beard what was in the Ummmmmmm lol. *He musta been keeping is a secret from the rest of you guys *;)

Old guy? >:( It's not completely white yet! There are still at least 2 whiskers that aren't white. And I am keeping it a secret. ;D

mike22ca
11-25-2005, 10:22 PM
LOL! Oh btw, we just got back from buying a buttload of the "special" crappie jig lol.

fishwacker556
11-26-2005, 05:46 AM
:'(went to amador 11/25 trolling all day with fly-s you name it i tried it!!! not even a bump,last week could not keep the trout of the fly-s. maybee its the weather??

mike22ca
11-26-2005, 09:20 AM
Yea I think the weather screwed them all up.

Vikings_Bane
11-26-2005, 12:20 PM
I was one of the others with the Old Guy with the White Beard. The fishing was off and on all day. It rained off and on until about 2 and then the sun came out and the fish started jumping. Too bad I forgot the shotgun. Ended up with a limit after fighting off the claim jumpers. Combat fishing on the boat dock most of the day. All in all a fun day, and yes one of the guys caught a nice rod and reel along with a very small bluegill. I still don't see how that fish pulled the rod in.