PDA

View Full Version : Amador 11/14 trolling results

Dennis
11-14-2005, 04:26 PM
Fished Amador with Mickey and Buddy. *Finished with 8 fish biggest about 3 lbs. *Slow trolling grubs close to the surface was the trick. *Patience helped. *Fish seemed to slap at the lures several times before really hitting it. *Most reported no set pattern and they indicated that each fish was taken on a different lure. *One woman was doing real well with a Gold/Red Rapala. * I think that's one of the few exceptions. *

Here's a picture of Chapa and his new boat.
http://home.comcast.net/~dwojdac1/Pictures/Chapa.gif

Here's Hoghunter and a couple of friends. *
http://home.comcast.net/~dwojdac1/Pictures/Hoghunter.gif
Sorry gotta run and cook dinner. * ;D

fish4fun
11-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Dennis, Thanks for the report. Looks like it'll be a week or two after Thanksgiving before Connie and I can start fishing again. Amador will be high on our list of places to go to. It sounds like a lot of fish are being caught at the docks and close to where they're being planted. Maybe some colder weather/colder water will get them spreading out more around the lake. Hopefully the trolling will continue to get better. Look forward to seeing you and a bunch of Sniffers at Amador soon.. Larry

freon
11-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Dennis, just eight fish???, I thought you old retired guys were gonna load the boat, what with all of your years of experience, especially with HH and Mickey out there. I expected no less than some ten pounders for sure. I am actually surprised I didnt get any phone calls today.Eight is a good day none the less. I hope you let Mickey and his buddy reel some in ;D
How did Chapa, and HH and their crews do?
Freon

hoghunter3
11-14-2005, 05:26 PM
We had similar results. Ended up with ten fish. Would have caught a few more if I wasn't spending half my time untangling "rookie" lines. ;) My buddies just couldn't understand the logic to keeping the rods in the holders. (At the very least I kept Chapa amused ;)

Largest fish was 3.5 pounds and there was no set pattern better than another,

Did have a great time, even though the fishing was slow. Had a chance to "jaw" with Mickey, Dennis and Chapa while thinking about poor Freon stuck at work ;D

Picture of Chapa and Company in his shinning new Boat.

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/100_2623.JPG

Dennis, Mickey and Buddy enjoying life....
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/100_2621.JPG

Always great to see fellow "Sniffers" on the water

freon
11-14-2005, 05:34 PM
Chapa, your new boat rocks bud, and the kids seem to like it too. I cant wait to lay my eyes on it too, hope you caught a lot.
HH, not a bad day out there, considering you had rookies with you and as usual, great pics and report. Looks like you all had beautiful weather and good friends, life doesnt get much better. Oh yea, thanks for rubbing salt in an open wound. *:-[
Dennis, I thought you were talking about Hammer coming with you, not Mickeys pride and joy, oh wait, was that his boat or his dog? *:D
Freon

Chapa
11-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Well we landed 8 fish and lost a few over all not bad of a day.
The best part was watching Chapa Jr. Land the Boats first fish!!!

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/chapajr.jpg

Then I saw Mickey wrestle with one

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/mickey.jpg

Dennis had a little net practice

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/dennis.jpg

O ya cant forget Hoghunter the tour guide and official sniffer photographer

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/hog.jpg

Had a great time will have to do it again!!!! next time I'll leave the rugrats at home so I can fish ;) I was tying knots and undoing lines all day.

freon
11-14-2005, 05:47 PM
great pics, esspecially Jr, Chapa, I am surprised your camera didnt break with that old guy,lol. What does La Pura Vida mean?
Freon

Mickey_Thomas
11-14-2005, 05:50 PM
It was a fun day out there, razing sniffer's and being razed back, what could be better? ( a big fat hog ) is about it. Dennis did do real good with a pink grub, I didn't ??? A lot of boats trolling the dam area, lots of fish jumping all around us ::) I went up to buy all the sniffer's on the water lunch and the grill was closed ;D Not really, the girl told us in the moring that there wouldn't be any food available ;) That didn't keep me from telling everyone that I was buying ;D ;D ;D Nice to finally meet you guys HH3 and Chapa, you guys are much better looking in the pictures :D Thanks Dennis for trolling me all around the lake, I just played like Hammer and did nothing 8)

Blktailhunter
11-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Might I ask what colored grubs you are using? I usually troll J-7 Rapalas but if they fail me this thursday it would be nice to have a plan 2 to try. Thanks.

Dennis
11-14-2005, 05:52 PM
Freon,

There both his pride and joy. *Buddy is Mickey's Boston Terrier. *He's very well behaved. *Just watch where you step. *lol

Blktailhunter,

Start with black and then try pink later in the day. *Next time I'll cycle through all the colors. *I did try green and orange and I didn't get a hit on either. *Hope that helps.

Chapa
11-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Hey Freon

In Costa Rica everybody says "pura vida" to mean life is good!

it literally means "the pure life"

Chapa

jesballs
11-14-2005, 07:05 PM
sup chapa nice boat!!! some day i'll get a new one. hey what size trolling motor do you have?

"la pure vida" means to me "the good life"

im working on getting stickers to name my boat!
"Ishy's Daddy!" thats what my 2 year old son says when he see's fish *:)

jesballs

Blktailhunter
11-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Thanks Dennis..

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Can I go :D

krzyfshrmn
11-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Yeah right :P :P

AllFishNoWork
11-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Nice reports and great pics guys! I'm happy to hear some fish were being caught. Chapa, the boat looks great!

freon
11-14-2005, 08:09 PM
SS, your more than welcome in my boat, heck even you too Krzy, actually, I think I would learn a lot off of either of you *:D
Dennis, I already knew about buddy as I have met him a couple of times I believe, he is very upstanding and house broken, not too sure about his owner though, albeit, that Mickey was nice enough to offer to buy lunch. *:o
Mickey, you might want to take a trip with me one of these days as I would actually share the hot lure, rather than keep it all to myself, you will notice that all on my boat everyone catches nice fish, in fact the only exception is a person who broke their rod setting a hook, geez, now who could that be, oh yea, the unicaller ???
Chapa, real nice, I like that, I think if I had a boat like that, I would think life was near about perfect too.
Freon

Vance Staplin
11-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Dennis,

Buddy is an awesome dog. But I did notice that you didn't have the top up. I'm sure it was for a reason....Buddy farts more than Mickey does!!! ;D

innovate
11-15-2005, 02:02 AM
Can I go :D

Can I come with you? ;D

Mickey_Thomas
11-15-2005, 05:41 AM
No he doesn't Vance ;) :D

HAMMER_1
11-15-2005, 07:31 AM
Vance Iam with you I Think buddy has mickey beat Its close ! ::)Great post guys nice looking fish Dennis I hope you didnt do all the work Like I do when I fish with mickey ;D

Dennis
11-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Freon,

That's cold! *I not only shared my grubs I set them up. *It just wasn't Mickey's day for grubs. *I'm not sure SS and krzy were asking to go out with the Freon http://home.comcast.net/~dwojdac1/Pictures/Freon-1.gif aka the ice man, unless they want to take a break from catching fish. ** How many fish have you caught your last three outings? *Like they say When your hot your hot when you not your Freon! *lol

Vance,
The guys that designed and built my boat must be 5'6" or shorter. *The top brushes the top of my hat when it's up. *Guess I'm going to have to save my pennies and buy and American made boat. * ;)

Hammer,
No I didn't do all the work. *Mickey did a great job netting all the fish. * ;D *I got out the second remote for the Co-pilot and he did say he didn't want to steer. *I think he said it was hammer time.

To everyone else,
One of the keys was patience. *The fish were hitting very lightly and any attempt to set the hook just pulled the lure away from the fish. *I missed a few fish before I just let them take it and waited until the rod started to double over. *On one fish I left the rod in the rod holder and Mickey saw the four or five hits several seconds apart before the rod folded over. *I think he commented that he didn't have that much patience. * Good luck, it can be frustrating when the fish are jumping all around the boat. *

Chapa
11-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Hey Jesballs

its an 80lb thrust I wanted enough juice to troll me at its fastest what my main motor could troll at its slowest and there is only a gap of .2-.4 mph.

I would love to add a kicker someday but I ran out of funds :'(

but I would rather be broke and get out on the water in that boat than have my money in the bank and freezing my butt off in the other boat ;D ;D ;D

so "LIFE IS GOOD"

Chapa

Troutcoach
11-15-2005, 09:40 AM
It looks like good times were had by all. Nice pics to.

Chapa- That kid of yours has a smile that tells it all.

Sounds like a great day on the water.

Anyone heading to Amador on Nov. 21st and 22nd? If so, I'll see you there.

TC

hookedfinger
11-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Great pics! On maybe an off note, has anyone stayed in the Amador campground lately? I was there a few years ago and found things pretty much in a state of disrepair!

Chapa
11-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Hey TroutCoach

I will be out there on the 21st

i got a couple guys that have never fished and i'm hoping to show them a good time on the water

Chapa

Troutcoach
11-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Chapa- I'll see you out there then. Maybe have a cold one...or two.

TC

freon
11-15-2005, 06:16 PM
I might be lucky enough to get out there this sunday, but odds are not in my favor, I still will try ;D

Dennis, that was real cold, now you know I didnt catch fish cuz you were with me two of those times and I still had the funk of skunk in my boat the last time, but next time, its fish on ;D
That was pretty funny though Dennis, I was laughing pretty hard.
On the subject of being cold while fishing though, how many King salmon did you get this year Dennis? I fed roughly a hundred people today at a potluck at work on marinated BBQ king salmon, smoked salmon and Kokanee salmon, so I am thinking I wasnt that cold on the water this year and I still have enough for two more smoker batches, yum yum. But I wont take credit for the Koke's as I didnt catch them, but I sure helped eat them, some other person that cant catch fish donated them, and it was very nice of him too, guess I might owe him a little smoked salmon. ;D

AllFishNoWork
11-15-2005, 06:43 PM
The fish were hitting very lightly and any attempt to set the hook just pulled the lure away from the fish.

I lost 2 last Friday being impatient :(, but it is so hard to be patient when the bites happen so infrequently :-/

Dennis
11-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Freon,

I'm glad you can smile and laugh a little. Life is so short. As for catching salmon this year a rookie is only as good as his coach. lol

Allfish,

I lost 2 last Friday being impatient, but it is so hard to be patient when the bites happen so infrequently
I know! I finally just decided either it's going to get caught or it's not meant to be. Now watch next time they'll hit it and throw the hook and I'll be sitting there waiting for the third or fourth hit. lol

freon
11-15-2005, 09:42 PM
That too was good Dennis ;D