PDA

View Full Version : AMADOR 11/12

Shrek
11-13-2005, 12:03 PM
my girlfriend and I fished Amador yesterday from 7:00 until about 1:00, It was pretty slow for me trolling, we had 4 hits and 1 ldr I didn't see too many being caught by anyone trolling, I saw a few fish being caught by flyfisherman in the pontoons they were doing pretty good.There were alot of boats out there and the dock by the boat house was shoulder to shoulder. Weather was good sunny but the breeze came up about 12:00. I hope everyone else had better luck than I did.

dgerrits
11-14-2005, 08:21 AM
Shrek,
My friends and I were there on Saturday as well, however we did pretty good. There were several different things that were working, but the common theme something with orange. One rig that caught a few was a wedding ring with half of a worm, another was an orage and gold vibrax minnow. To my surprise the lure that had the most activity was a cheap lure in a bin sale at "wally world" called a renegade laser minnow. The renegade had a lot of hits, but also had a lot of fish get off. I will be replacing the hooks and will try it again.

My friend's boat had an electric motor so we trolled between .7 and 1.0 mph. All of the offerings were trolled top lining. We caught a few fish away from the dam, but the most action was in the thick of it. We also noticed that the fishing died when the wind came up, but it picked back up around 2:30 pm.

Better luck next time.
Dave

Shrek
11-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the reply, I will give it another shot, Maybe we were just not holding our mouthes right.

Thanks again

Trout_Terminator
11-14-2005, 06:57 PM
i was one of the many on the docks. got my limit in about an hour, using orange PB ;).

Sonora_Bob
11-15-2005, 04:45 PM
I was one of the flyfisher's with a pontoon boat. I caught four in about an hour on Saturday until the wind kicked up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v178/SonoraBob/juliaamador.jpg

On Sunday, I caught and released four more in about an hour and a half. One almost spooled me. It took all of my fly line and half of my backing. :o

mike22ca
11-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Hey TT, so did the "technique" work out for ya? ;)

i was one of the many on the docks. got my limit in about an hour, using orange PB *;).