PDA

View Full Version : Camanche night fishing

fishtales
11-10-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm going to try night fishing from the boat Friday, any tips or recent success stories would be appreciated. I've heard of anchoring near the damn, but don't know exactly where, or what presentation works. I don't have underwater lights.
Thanks in advance,

FT

padrino
11-10-2005, 04:06 PM
hey ft,

i've never night fished @ camanche, but have @ melones. i just anchor in 60-80' of water. put out the light (i use a floating light since my underwater light broke). for a setup i use light trout spinning setups and use a small egg sinker with a 2 foot leader and a single hook (about #6). for bait i use 1/2 a crawler and tip the hook with power bait (power eggs work real well since they don't fall off as easily). this time of year you probably want to drop[ it 15-30 feet. i put a bell on the rod tip and kick back. using live minnows (legal @ meloes not sure about camanche) works real well also.

stay warm and enjoy!

kevin 'padrino'

JD
11-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Someone once told me no night boating is allowed. Anyone know for sure?

fishtales
11-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Overnight stay in a self contained boat is allowed, but no engine use after dark. I'm hoping to hear if I should anchor in deep water and fish suspended in the water table, or find a 30 foot shelf and fish the bottom. I only get one shot to find the right spot for the night!