PDA

View Full Version : New boat, Beardsley in the morning

Fishnfever
10-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Just bought a 13" valco and it's singing " Beardsly in the Mooooooooorning" I've been flyfishing as of late and haven't fished this jewel of a lake in over 15 years. I'm taking a co-worker who has just started fishing last year. I'm thinkin sep's 15-35' down, w' broken back rps, j-9's or brown imitator's? (rapalas) or last resort crawlers.. Any advice on the current set-up I'd
appreciate.

Thanks in advance 8)
Fishnfever

Rusty_Hooks
10-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Take it out and run some new gas through it before you get disappointed in the middle of the lake ;)

That is if you haven't done it already ::) ;D ;D

Got rope.....

All that junk ::)....be safe

don't forget the camera ;D....have fun!!

ratss427
10-17-2005, 07:12 PM
dont be afraid to topline! ;)even at this time of year. at last resort gold/silver halfast and a crawler will do it.careful around 11:00 am when the wind kicks up.enjoy. :)

FishMischief
10-17-2005, 07:30 PM
I would hope you've run the boat before purchasing it. The 1st boat I bought ran for a bit when I bought it and the motor never ran again which is good because I didn't get stuck in the middle of the lake just at the dock.

The second boat I bought ran when I bought it and did at the dock but then stranded me in the middle of the lake, but that was because I put to much oil in the gas.

The 3rd boat I boght I paid a mechanic to make sure it ran. ;D

Fishnfever
10-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Hey thanx for the tips all. I did take a trial run last weekend and she purred like a kitten. I've been dialing things in since. I just wanna say "get the net" And break in the lil puddle jumper. If you know what I mean. Any other ol-time secrets at the all dangerous Beardsly-Brown? I'm all ears!

Keep casting 8)

Fishnfever

THE_TROUTKING
10-17-2005, 08:37 PM
f-18 rapalas ;D ;D ;D. joinited slow troll,staights fast troll are rip ::).

Brian

FishMischief
10-17-2005, 08:55 PM
I am not sure that F18s are a good idea in that lake. The brown population is thought to be on the smaller side. I guess you never know whats lurking though.

RUFKM
10-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Where the heck can you buy Rapala's that big?
I cannot find them anywhere!

Thanks.

Fin-C-Kur
10-18-2005, 08:03 PM
The most productive lure I've used at Beardsley is a Wee- Tad bar none. dale

cutbow_master
10-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Beardsley browns seem to like blue goldeneyes down about 15ft on a downrigger. Alas, the biggest I've caught is around 2 pounds.

Duzwatido
10-19-2005, 07:19 AM
Take some time with your fly rod and hit the afterbay, alot of fun down there.

FishMischief
10-19-2005, 04:24 PM
Where the heck can you buy Rapala's that big?

Online mostly but there are a couple places I have found them. *When I do I grab them.

http://www.stevesfishingsupplies.com/brands/Rapala/original.html

HOOF
10-19-2005, 06:19 PM
Make sure you call tri dam to be sure ramp is in water-other wise you will need 4x4..Silver/green sparklefish on rigger,black silver j7-j9 rapala,or for EASY limits flashers/crawlers 15-30 feet down.Evening bite is best but I have a larger boat-with a 13 foot alum.I think I would play the sunup to 11am card

Fishnfever
10-21-2005, 03:45 PM
ok here it is. Went out tues and we landed 8 fish. 12-16" all bows :-/ I went to beardsley for a nicxe brown, but hey
my first time there in a new boat and haven't been there in over 20 years who's to complain. I gave in to crawlers after no luck trolling needle fish, (chrome, glitters, green/whites) and a brkn back brn rap. Didn't hit the water till noon and from 2-4 we caught our fish. We caught them on the left on the top 10' of water heading to the inlet. Talked to 2 other boats and some guys bank fishing and they didn't have much luck, so I guess we did ok!

Keep casting 8)

Fishnfever

Slim
10-23-2005, 09:54 PM
I hit the AB at 5:00 (pm) & about 6:35ish is when I begain to pick these nice 18"ers..... There were lots of risers feeding on midges size 20 or smaller all evening...But when it begain to get dark they started to hit my Olive Wollybugger (Flyfishin)..

Slim

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/slim1/Beardsley/Brown1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/slim1/Beardsley/Bow.jpg

Rusty_Hooks
10-24-2005, 05:18 AM
Nice pics slim......and welcome to the boards ;)

Fishnfever
10-24-2005, 08:47 AM
Nice pic's slim. I may head to beardsley weds. 3-5 of us may head up. We'll be in boats i'm thinkin. I'd sure like to take the flyrode down to the ab, I have heard it's been hot hot hot! Btw. the boat is running like a champ took my son out to mcswain for a lil confidence builder. He caught a football 18" 3#er. He was pumped!

Keep casting 8)

Fishnfever