PDA

View Full Version : Little Grass Valley Res.

FISHSTALKER
10-16-2005, 02:18 AM
Water temp was 59.6*. A strong bite when the wind kicked up at 10AM. We both limited out. The Bows went to 2lbs. The hot lure was a red Thomas Boyant on top water. A clown Rapala also worked. Most fish were taken at the East end of the Lake. No takers on downriggers. Lots of big fish showed on the FF but couldn't entice them. The Lake is way down.

Mickey_Thomas
10-16-2005, 05:35 AM
Good report Dale, did you run into any other Sniffer's up there?

Shrek
10-16-2005, 07:43 AM
Fishstalker, nice job maybe I will have to give that reservoir a try, were there alot of boats on the lake.I look forward to always trying somewhere new just to keep trhe excitement in it. Thanks

kubfish
10-16-2005, 08:14 AM
Nice report FishT

I am guessing their wasn't many boats out there. We went up a few weeks ago and pretty much had the lake to ourselves.

We should have a LGV Sniffer trip before the snow closes it. :)

FISHSTALKER
10-16-2005, 06:29 PM
The camp grounds are already locked down. There were only three boats out there. We pulled out at 11:30 and another boat was launching. I fought the wind from 10AM on. By the time we left it was gusting to 16MPH. I had a heck of a time trailering the boat. Those guys that stayed out there must have had rocks in their heads. :-/
Anyway, we caught planters and some good hold overs. Made for a good trip considering the cost of fuel.

Mickey - No other Sniffers. But I did meet a guy from Downyville.

Captain_Morgan
10-17-2005, 07:44 AM
When does it close? I'm down with a trip there before the snow kicks in.

kubfish
10-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Hey Capt. :)

It's open until the road gets snowed in from Laporte to the lake.

I may be planning to go up there first weekend Sun in Nov.

Co-Pilot
10-18-2005, 06:09 AM
Good report Dale,
Actually I found the temp to be 57.5 on Saturday. Results about the same. As many bows as you want and an occasional brown. All on top, nothing on the downrigger. The hot color was peach. ;)

Captain_Morgan
10-19-2005, 07:36 AM
koobfish... Thanks for the info.

fence_man
10-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Just got back from lgv went up last sunday fished every day whether was great! fished west end .top line .got 3 to 4 limits every day the wife and I .kokes and bow good old fashion night crawlers . no wind !!GREAT WEEK

deadhead1969
10-23-2005, 02:52 PM
Hey, I'm ready for another trip to LGV before the snows come. My son and I went up there last year in November right before they closed it. Didn't do very good but it was sure pretty. I'm not catching any salmon anyhow :'( :'(

DH