PDA

View Full Version : Halibut on 6/27

justme
06-30-2008, 09:43 AM
I went out on the Happy Hooker out of Berkley on Friday and of course never fails when ever I go out for halibut the bite is usually off that day. There were 30 people on the boat and only 24 halibut caught with only 1 striper caught. There were some big ones caught (not by me) though. This one guy caught his limit of halibut, 29, 25 and 25 pounds. There were a total of 6 halibut over 20 pounds caught. I only caught one and it was about 9 to 10 pounds. I caught that on the second to last drift for the day. Made for a long dat. There were 6 or 7 people on the baot that did not even get a bite all day. I think I am done with halibut fishing. I have been out at least 10 to 15 times and never really had a good day.

reversegut408
06-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Where was the spot at this time?

justme
06-30-2008, 10:44 AM
The big ones were caught just outside the golden gate bridge and a little North of the bridge.

SUNRISECHASER
07-02-2008, 07:15 AM
I was on the Hooker too. Caught one keeper but I must say you get your moneys worth with Capt. Jim. He works hard at the helm all day and that's why he's the best in the bay!!! Keep tryin, you'll hookup on the Hooker!

Intimidator
07-02-2008, 12:15 PM
justme, I wouldn't give up just yet.
There is plenty of great action to come.
Maybe check out some of the six pak boats that run in the bay.
Right Hook Sportfishing, Relentless charters, Flash fishing and of coarse us at www.intimidatorsportfishing.com

Capt. Mike

gmdcdvm
07-03-2008, 03:42 AM
Its like the old cliche says "Its called fishing not catching". We have all been through serious dry spells in the past. All you can do is keep trying and hope for the best. I think 6 packs might be a better option if your goal is to increase your chances at catching a fish. It costs more, but thats the price you pay for not having to fish with 30 of your closest friends.

Capt. Mike I like how you mention other along with yourself. This is a classy move. I have fished righthook and flash fishing. Haven't had a chance to get out with you yet, but now I think I might just have to give your boat a try. Once I get back from my long range trip next week I'll check my schedule to see when I can get out.
Gerry