PDA

View Full Version : Lipp Ripperz question

first5
10-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Hey, have any of you used these? What are they exactly? Any luck?

Have heard of them and went to their website, but couldn't really get or see details. they kinda look like small plastic worms you'd use for bassin', like drop-shot worms, only for trout??? ???

first5
10-05-2005, 12:38 PM
okay, 69 'views', but no replies?????

either lip ripperz are truly unknown by this group, or i've stumbled upon a huge trout-catching secret that no one wants to acknowledge?? :) ;D ;D

really, does anyone use these baits?

robert_long
10-05-2005, 01:54 PM
I just checked the web site, they look like bass worms to me.

Robert

badbobfishing33
10-05-2005, 04:01 PM
http://www.lipripperz.com/lip-ripperz-trout-wormz.htm

http://www.lipripperz.com/trout-fishing-tips-tricks.html

humm yeah what's the secret looks just like a bass worm??? The other thing I noticed was a bunch of pictures from those "stocked trophy lakes" down south......I could dip a piece of cork in PB Juice and catch thoses...LOL...well maybe not

I would like to try them why not....what do you have to lose a few bucks on worms you can turn around and use them for bass.. ::) ;D

krzyfshrmn
10-05-2005, 04:09 PM
When I first read the topic, I thought it should be on the Bass board. They sound like Bass lures to me :-/

Hajman
10-06-2005, 04:22 PM
1st5,
Lipp Ripperz's popularity appears to be a Southern Cal phenomenon. They look to be a little thicker and longer than the Power Worms by Berkley that grace the tackle boxes up here in Nor Cal. There has been so much success here with Power Worms that I don't think many fishermen are willing to switch. It's like the saying goes,"Don't fix it if it ain't broke."

I haven't used them but when I was fishing in the Mammoth Lakes area there were some guys fishing with them from the LA area. I don't remember those fishermen using them and having a lot of success. The ads look great but from my limited exposure I wasn't that impressed. Again, one observation is giving the worm much justice.

Hajman

gloomisimx
10-06-2005, 10:25 PM
Hey guys. I just found this forum!!! Its pretty cool.

I dont know where you guys live, but I live in L.A. county area and Lip Ripperz are the hot trout baits out here, at least they were last trout season. We dont start trout season this year for a little bit longer, but Im sure theyll be hot again. My local stores keep selling out of the orange and green colors and it really gets annoying. A lot of people out here will fish the Lip Ripperz over the power worms because they will catch bigger trout with the Lip Ripperz. Im guessing Lip Ripperz are a so. cal. trend because you guys havent heard of em but they are a big company. They are just as popular, if not more, than eagle claw and berkely out here.

This forum is cool. I just have to figure out how everything works! hhaa.

Have fun fishing guys.

tchli
10-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Lipp Ripperz are a staple to socal trout fishing. A lot of their monster loyds have been caught on this worm. Ive bought a couple packs and i like the results thus far.