PDA

View Full Version : Rollins Lake on Englebright Resavoir

T.T.T._Guy
09-24-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm going fishing tomorrow and taking a friend that came down from Oregon. I live in Colfax and didn't want to travel to far thats why I was asking about Rollins or Englebright lakes.
I've heard lately that French Meadows is pretty good but I guess the water is getting pretty low and it's a 21/2 0r 3 hour drive from Colfax. Or how about Sugar Pine Resavoir in Forrest Hill.
Would like some feedback or am I going to have to say the worst day fishing is better than the best day at work.
Thanks T.T.T. Guy

lazylab
09-24-2005, 02:35 PM
rollins may be a little slow at this point an water down?if you do try the face of the dam or the bear river arm? a friend did sugarpine mon an got limit top lining dodgers nothin of size .

stagger_lee
09-24-2005, 03:39 PM
T.T.T. *Since you are in the Colfax area,you might want to consider Scotts Flat or Sugar Pine. Both are close by and definatly better than Rollins ! Just my opinion :) ;)

Captain_Morgan
09-24-2005, 07:03 PM
Just my opinion, I'd always pass Rollins & head to scotts first. Rollins is a tough lake to fish.(small trout) Although I hear there are some browns in that lake. But then againn I live 10 min from ebrite.Always catch fish past the 5 mph bouys. Did I confuse you more? ;D Go to Collins Lake if your hopeing for the big trout. ;)Surgar pine has smallmouth too! ;)