PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!!!! * GOD ANSWERED TRIP!!!!!!!

FISHING_BEAR
09-17-2005, 12:15 PM
6 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I went fishing with my disabled brother last week for 5 days and had the best fishing trip one could desire. We packed up on sunday after attending services and drove up to the hwy 88 area,the weather was consistantly warm but one could feel the seasons changeing.I desided to fish at 2 to 3 fishing lakes in the area and ended up fishing on only 2 of them????? The first lake was prestine and the wind never got the best of us. After fishing all day my brother and I managed to catch our limits trolling flashers/worms and small lures that evening as we were fishing the cove near our camp site my brother hooked and lost a 3 pound Latonon trout followed by several rainbows,it was shortly after this that I caught and landed another Latonon around 3 pounds after adding the fish to the stringer my brother played another fish and as he was untieing the stringer it slipped out of his hand and *??? ??? ??? by by fish I was stunned and had to gain my composure. Ending the first day with a loss of all our fish I desided to sleep it off. The next day we got up early and trolled again and cought 5 Rainbows and one Latonon in the afternoon as evening approached fished the coves around the shore and caught several trout over a pound on a variety of lures. We got up the next day and desided to head for another lake leaveing with fish in the icebox and a smile on our faces.The next lake we got to was rather windy as we arrived and set up our camp site and set out to launch the boat after we managed to do this with a little effort we stopped to admire the mountains around us.

ChabotTrout
09-17-2005, 04:47 PM
;DGreat Report!!!! ;D

Mickey_Thomas
09-17-2005, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the report FISHING BEAR, sounds like a good trip to where ever it was ;D

Farrier_Frank
09-18-2005, 05:29 AM
We all have stories to tell of lost stringers FB, some of us too many story's. ::) But then again that's what makes for fish tales that live forever. Nice story.

LRM
09-18-2005, 05:37 AM
Now that's a GOOD fish story!

8)

FishinFool408
09-19-2005, 09:50 AM
Nice fishin' outing regardless of the loss...it happens unfortunately! Sounds like there were smiles all around. Welcome to the boards FB!

Flycanoe
09-19-2005, 10:10 AM
This year I bought a collapsible wire mesh fish basket with a hinged plastic lid that floats just to avoid losing a stringer.

On our first outing this year, I saw the basket float away from the boat as I failed to secure it correctly in all the excite with helping my son catch a fish. But no problem, just put the motor in reverse and picked it up as it floated on the surface with 7 fish in it. The basket paid for itself first time out.