PDA

View Full Version : Yuba River

Mulderken
09-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Fished the Yuba River up around the downieville area friday and saturday. It was my first time trout fishing and rock hopping. It was awesome, we caught and released more rainbows then I could count. Only caught 1 brown and that was caught in the middle fork of the Yuba River.

Shrek
09-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Sounds like a really good time, were you fly fishing or using a spinning rod, and what were you using.

Mulderken
09-18-2005, 08:34 AM
Nope we weren't fly fishing, just fishing with a shot weight and hook and letting it float on down. I'm new to this type of fishing.

TS5655
09-18-2005, 09:29 AM
ah, that brings back memories. I use to do that 30-40 years ago. Had some really good times up there.

TS

Jim
09-18-2005, 06:31 PM
TS, yeah, memories. I was born and raised in Grass Valley. We used to hit the North Fork of the Yuba maybe 10 times a summer. Used to camp at Indian Valley when it was just a place to pull into and find a spot. We were up that way a couple years ago and it's a regular campground now with designated camping spots.

Did you ever fish Canyon creek ? It was just down from the bridge. Lots of small native trout.

Hah, the good old days. Gas was 23 cent a gal. When there was no gas wars. It was then as low as 17 cents.

WOW, feeling old
Jim