PDA

View Full Version : New Thomas Buoyants

jchurch
09-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Has anyone seen and tried the new Thomas Buoyant lure? I'm talking about the Red/Gold, 1/6 oz.

I ordered some direct (you get a discount if you get them by the dozen) and was suprised when they came with a totally new pattern. They have a new grid-like surface which I assume is supposed to look like scales on a bait fish.

I would have frankly preferred that they let the thing alone (if it ain't broke don't fix it) but if the new lure works as well as the old, no harm done.

Has anyone used the thing, and with what results?

Jim

Mickey_Thomas
09-16-2005, 01:54 PM
I've only used an orange one and they work well at Eagle Lake. Sorry, I wish I had more for you ??? I do like the name though ;)

ratss427
09-16-2005, 01:57 PM
i have used both the grid type and polished.perch,watermelon and gold/blue colors.all worked great.couldnt see any difference in action between finishes.

Empire
09-16-2005, 03:43 PM
I have a few TB's in my tackle box, but I have not used them in years.

What is the trolling speed best suited for them?

FishMischief
09-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Actually the two biggest trout I have caught were on Thomas Boyants. One on rainbow and the other on the red/gold.

ratss427
09-16-2005, 05:33 PM
not sure exactly.but they can handle a fairly quick speed.
empire,give em a try.i impressed by my buddy a couple of years ago using em. and have had real good success myself.a lot better than a lot of the newer spoons i have used. :)

firetrout
09-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Thomas also makes the speedy shiners and they work great in some lakes trolled at fast! speeds. Is that what you have?

Steelhead
09-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Wouldn't ya know...........
They couldn't decide if they wanted to name the lure a Mickey or a Thomas. Personally I'd go for any lure named Mickey. Slip em a Mickey. Gotta work ;D

Actually, I've been working on a new fly I affectionately call the Mickey. It worked as good as anything else on the Sac this week.

http://www.fishsniffer.com/steelhead/images/0509/mickey.jpg

PlugROCKSTAR
09-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Has anyone seen and tried the new Thomas Buoyant lure? *I'm talking about the Red/Gold, 1/6 oz. *

I ordered some direct (you get a discount if you get them by the dozen) and was suprised when they came with a totally new pattern. *They have a new grid-like surface which I assume is supposed to look like scales on a bait fish.

I would have frankly preferred that they let the thing alone (if it ain't broke don't fix it) but if the new lure works as well as the old, no harm done. *

Has anyone used the thing, and with what results?

Jim

pssstt i'll tell you a little secret. Those works killer out here on the American for Steelies :-X