PDA

View Full Version : Jenkinson?

leonardvoet
08-08-2005, 05:51 PM
First time poster, long time lurker.

Taking the kids to Sly Park this week on wednesday. I usually fish for smallmouth there, but with the kids I'd rather soak/troll for some trout.

Any suggestions?

THANKS

GN.
08-08-2005, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the boards. As far as Jenkinson goes I wouldn't be much help. I've only fished it once and the only fish of the day fell right through the net.

Once again, Welcome.

Ozzy
08-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Have'nt had much luck there either 2 small rainbows trolling
in three seperate occasions. I would get an early start to
beat the wakeboards, this being the last week of summer
vacation! Both fish hit on a gold bikini needlefish.
Good luck Oh ya don't bring a negative father in-law
that says there's no fish in this lake!

leonardvoet
08-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Thanks...

fishrman4life
08-09-2005, 01:08 AM
i think hes the father in law... ;D ;D ;D

anywho, i would try for trout early in the morning with powerbait, later on fish the points for smallies...its worth a shot

roswalt
08-09-2005, 08:02 AM
It might be a good time to jig for macks if you can find some on the sonar...maybe a gibbs minnow or spoon like a big krocadile, I've heard you can hook some dead minnows on all 3 points and plop it right in front of them..they'll whack it..

LRM
08-09-2005, 12:37 PM
If you are looking for trout, go to where the ski boats are not. Near dams and inlets, but not too close. The water is pretty warm. I won't fish it until at least October.
By the way, good luck and welcome to the boards!
8)

MadCanoe
08-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Simple Lake - Right by the Launch, From the Island to the north cove should be Macks. Go deep trolling jointed Raps. Browns and Rainbows find a happy medium from the inlet to the deep portion of the inlet. Look for the birds. They seem to follow the bait balls. 30' - 50' Flasher / Dodger w' crawler.

medicrob
09-14-2005, 11:25 PM
Definately weekdays. Using boats go for live baits behind flashers otherwise you can catch your limits anywhere close to the boat launch with worms. Good luck and enjoy pollock pines!