PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Perch Trip with Bite Me II

drstressor
08-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Just in case you guys think that these summer perch trips are just an excuse to poach trout:

http://unr.edu/homepage/weber/perch1.jpg

http://unr.edu/homepage/weber/perch2.jpg

Still no bait on the surface, but lots of schools of larger chubs deep. We caught more chubs than anything else. Oh yeah, we C&R'ed 5 accidental trout.

Collegebound
08-28-2005, 02:12 PM
How many fish total?
Mike

drstressor
08-28-2005, 02:16 PM
We don't keep score. We killed one perch.

BITE_ME_II
08-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Doc and I can be pretty boring to fish with when we are together (not to each other) but we like to experiment, move around alot study the lake, look for schools of bait, monitor from prior years size and movement of bait as well as gamefish themselves. Geeze we sound boring Doc!! :-/

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE AT P-FEST II

BITE ME II
8) 8)

Rusty_Hooks
08-28-2005, 08:03 PM
Lookin darn good Ken!!....PRETTY DARN GOOD.... 8)

Fearsome twosome..... ::) ;D ;D

Beautiful day....

HighSierra_Drifter
08-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Good pics guys...glad you are out having some fun together :D I was wondering when you were going to prove those are perch trips you're out on ;) Looking forward to the "fest".

Drifter

SuperDave
08-29-2005, 07:05 AM
Ken, does your perch have a bite out of his tail? That's not how you got your handle is it?

drstressor
08-29-2005, 07:15 AM
Yes Hinrid, you figured it out. ;)

Kens tags all of the fish he releases that way. ;D

Mickey_Thomas
08-29-2005, 07:20 AM
Glad you guys had a good time but you're right Ken you and Doc togeather would be boring ;D ;D How many other "Perch" fisherman were on the lake? that's a nice way to tag a fish ;D

drstressor
08-29-2005, 07:32 AM
We only saw only 2 other boats fishing on the whole lake. Both were trolling, which is not how you fish for perch unless you use downriggers. Since the trout were not near the surface, I doubt that they did any damage. They banned downriggers over the summer this year. We saw a Ranger checking out the boats with a 'scope as we left.

CHICKFISHING58
08-29-2005, 07:42 AM
Hey Doc
where were you guys fishing at? I have to say I didnt think the two of you were boring when I fished with you guys just funny ;D ;)

drstressor
08-29-2005, 07:53 AM
We moved all over the place trying to figure the fish out. That's what Ken mean by boring. We leave fish to find fish. That would drive anyone who really wants to catch fish crazy. ;D

We did try to catch fish when you fished with us last winter. It must have been the chicken. ???

There are perch right at the Pelican Point boat ramp around the docks early in the AM before the activity starts. We tried for them with 1" grubs but the chubs would hit those immediately. We fished the rocky outcrops along the West side up to Warrior with the same problem. Lots of chubs and 1 skinny trout. The best results were fishing deep up in the Needle/Wizard Cove area. They are deeper than in the springtime. You will hook some trout, mostly on the drop, but not too many. It's not like last year when you couldn't get the jigs down past them.

BITE_ME_II
08-29-2005, 08:08 AM
You guys caught me tagging fish again :-/ I just got to the point where I had to stop kissing them!! Therapy can be expensive!!

BITE ME II
8) 8)

ken_fishnfool
08-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Yep, but looks like a good kind of therapy to me. *;D
Glad to see you out and about Bite Me II !!
Boring huh? *:P Way to go Doc! :D

The smiles share it all. :D