PDA

View Full Version : Upper/Lower Stanislaus Middle Fork

georgiesweep
08-09-2005, 09:21 AM
Has anyone fished the Hwy 108 area lately. Going up there with the family trhis weekend.

Thanks,

George

georgiesweep
08-16-2005, 07:19 AM
Guess there are not too many people interested in the 108 area. Except maybe Fishnfever! Anyway the rainbow planters were just jumping out of the river left and right!!!

Duzwatido
08-16-2005, 08:57 AM
Was there a while ago and fished the middle fork below Beardsley, had some success catching some natives. Beautiful area, check your regs.

Fishnfever
08-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Heya Goergie I am interested. I was going to take my son up there this weekend, but I couldn't pull him outta bed L.
Wedid go bass fishing instead. His choice and it was fun. Did you go and how far up? I'm in ripon and wanted to go up near kennedy meadows or below at clarks.

keep casting 8)

Fishnfever

dano
08-17-2005, 04:49 AM
That area has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. Won't say how long that is , but it's a while. Lived in Dardanell for a while working for the USFS. there are some nice little streams if you like ho hike in, but they plant a lot all around and you should have no problem in any of the campgrounds. if you go down to Beardsley try the afterbay barbless hooks and 2 limit I believe, but there are some nice fish in there.
Dano

ndiezel
08-17-2005, 06:51 AM
I was there last weekend and I struggled to find a place to fish. Where is there other than under the bridge @ Strawberry? And last time I checked there, it was closed to fishing. Only place I found was a the south fork of the stanislaus, just outside of Longbarn. And it was like nothing. I saw some small ones but couldn't hook into any. Then, I ended up wasting 4 hours of my life I will never get back @ Lyons Reservoir. Not even a bite! If anyone knows any good stream fishing in that area, please do tell!

georgiesweep
08-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Hello All,

We were not quite as far as Kennedy Meadows in a little campgroundd called Eureka Valley. As Dano says no problem there. Every time I threw a worm in I got a major bite! Lost a few rigs getting used to keeping them on top of the water. Over about 4 hours on that Saturday, I caught about 20 and kept a couple nice 2 1/2 - 3 pounders for dinner. ndiezel, dont feel bad I wasted a day at Lyons too. DFG says they stock there regurally but I think the truck driver sells themm at market!! Never so much as a bite. The dog had a great time though :) Fishnfever I'm from Tracy, where did you go for the bass?

dano
08-23-2005, 12:59 PM
georgie.Eureka flat is a pretty nice little campground. kind of apart from the others too. also a plant spot, or at least it used to be. You might try pidgeon flat too sometime. there used to be a walk-in campground there. the whole area is beautiful and if you want a change just head over the pass to the walker for some Alper action. Did anyone have any bear trouble up there?
dano

Fishnfever
08-24-2005, 02:50 PM
GeorgieSw. we just went along the stanislaus along one of the river parks they have them about every mile or so all the way up to knightsferry. Sorry I didn't reply earlier just been very buisy w/work :-/. We didn't nail em either so I want to learn the area a little more because I saw quite a few in there jumping.... Also so a lady catch a trout! All the way down into riverbank and oakdale area on
the stanislaus. keep casting

Fishnfever 8)