PDA

View Full Version : fished silver/red/blues    Aug 12-20

highway88fisher
08-20-2005, 07:22 PM
what a trip...

Silver- fished silver from my 12 foot aluminum boat, 7 mornings, limited out each time with my dad(C&R the ones that we could). Useing leaded line from 3-6 colors out. Small brockin backs rapala worked the best. dad just draged a worm that worked great, got around 5 on niddle fish, i used a dodger/worm combo caught a few nothing special. I wanted to hook up with a biggin so i started to troll J 11 rapala's, after 3 days i hooked up with a rainbow that was around 7 pounds, got it to the boat and i forgot to pull my stringer in and it wraped around it and snapped the line. I went and got another lure and trolled it this morning and hooked up again, i landed this 6 1/2 pounder. We landed 7 tagged fish.(10$ apiece) 2 15 in. browns, 1 16 in mack, 1 12 in. brook and the 6 and 7 pound rainbows. silver is red hot!!!

Blue lakes- i only fished lower,i was fishing from shore. fishing was good useing the original color yellow powerbait was the key. casting small kastmasters was also productive. upper blue is very low due to PGN doing work on it

Red lake- i only fished 2 nights here from shore, caught fish on small kastmasters blue/silver working best. caught some nice cutts and a few brookies

i have some pictures of silver still trying to figure out how to post them...

Tight lines!

fishinjunkie
08-20-2005, 08:33 PM
good report it makes me want to get out and go fishin. i cant wait to see those pics. i love seeing those big trout.
fishinjunkie

gone fishin
08-21-2005, 10:09 AM
Welcome to the boards highway88fisher

Those are some awesome lakes up there. Check out talk to the sniffer and at the top is a thread Doc Stressor wrote on posting photos.

Good luck and great report...

YakMotor
08-21-2005, 11:00 AM
I recently "discovered" Silver Lake and, using the pic post info mentioned above, here is attempt to post photo of result from my second time there. *I'll be going back for one of the big ones.
Mark
http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/4729/1stsilverlaketroutforpost2nh.jpg

YakMotor
08-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Whoa! On a roll now that the pic post thing is figured out. (Using Image Shack for host and copying the DIRECT LINK and inserting it between the bracketed "img" tags inserted by the YABBC insert image button)

Anyway here's result of first trip to Silver Lake. Got some nice scenic photos and a GPS track map overlay I thought some folks might be interested in. It's my techno attempt to get to learn the lake better.

Fisherman Jim:
I looked for you, your lady, and a Lab around the boat ramp Sunday afternoon as I launched my kayak just across from there. Saw no stars either. What kinda boat would they be on? From your posts I see you're fond of Silver Lake and now it's growin on me.

Now, I gotta go get a J11 and broken back Rapala lures!!!

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/728/silverlakegpsmapnotes8zh.jpg

Durb
08-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the great report. One of my favorite areas to fish, camp and just kick back. Sounds like you had a great time.