PDA

View Full Version : Fish Sniffer Community

lake-troller
08-19-2005, 06:48 PM
To All, I am new to the message board. I have enjoyed the Fish Sniffer for many years. It has only been recently that I have learned about the forum. Yes I have read the posts in the past, But I have just figured out that you all are a community of people. The fact that you share information to make fishing a more enjoyable pleasure for each and every outing is admireable. For some of us the oportunity to get away from work seldom comes. The fact that you all help people that do not have a lot of time to locate fish is wonderful. I hope that in the future I can contribute as well as utilize this valuable information.
Cheers to all !

Joel

Farrier_Frank
08-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Yup, we're a family. Most of us don't even know each other but we are family when it comes to fishing. Welcome aboard.

TS5655
08-19-2005, 07:09 PM
lake-troller,

welcome to this zany group of people that we call a family. There is a ton of information passed along here amongst everyone and many opportunities to learn.

Although he doesn't post much anymore we do have a Laketroller as a member of the family. You may want to modify your name so there won't be confusion.

We look forward to your valuable participation.

TS

drstressor
08-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Yes, we already have a Laketroller. It is very confusing when new members take on names that are similar to existing members. I almost replied to a new guy today who used the name Gonfishin who I thought was Ron (Gonefishin).

So welcome to the boards, but please use a different screen name.

TS5655
08-19-2005, 07:31 PM
doc,

Maybe we need a screen name moderator.

;) ;)

TS

drstressor
08-19-2005, 07:34 PM
Do you want to volunteer, Terry? ;D

lake-troller
08-19-2005, 07:48 PM
When I logged on tonight I first typed in laketroller instead of lake-troller. The log in menu said that user name did not exist. I would have assumed the board would have been set up as to not allow for so similar names.
I do not want to be mistaken for some one else. Will change user name right away.

Steelhead
08-19-2005, 08:55 PM
We do the best job we can around here but as this is a free message board and there is no way we are ever going to have $50k auto software to run the place for the sole purpose of managing user names. If there is confusion, such as there seems to be illustrated by this thread, I hope you have the dignity and respect to resolve it without the Big Eraser having to get involved ;D

Wolf74
08-19-2005, 08:55 PM
Yea I noticed that we are all pretty much a community too when I first joined. Since then I have fished with a couple of other sniffers and have talked to quite a few others. Its nice because when I do meet them and fish with them we talk as though we've known each other for quite some time so their's no awkwardness. Its a nice little community getting bigger by the day.

fishrman4life
08-20-2005, 12:40 AM
I still havent found one yet...we need a tag for this kinda thing...some signal that we all understand....stars maybe? FISHON!!??

wetdog
08-20-2005, 07:01 AM
I still havent found one yet...we need a tag for this kinda thing...some signal that we all understand....stars maybe? FISHON!!?? SECRET HAND SHAKE & BIG ARSE BELT BUCKLES ! ;D

FishMischief
08-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Welcome trollingfly! Have fun and post when you do fish. We like any and all reports!!! ;D

Empire
08-21-2005, 06:30 AM
Welcome trollingfly! *Have fun and post when you do fish. *We like any and all reports!!! *;D

And pictures. :)

Rusty_Hooks
08-21-2005, 07:25 AM
Trollingfly...

Sounds you have the same problem I do with time :P

There ia a ton of information here and some......

Characters.......lurking.....around....... ;D ;D ::) ;)

Welcome to the boards :)

Sierra_hillbilly
08-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Welcome aboard
S_h

ratss427
08-21-2005, 06:07 PM
welcome trollingfly,yes this is a family.i have met many.but not nearly enough.yet i feel a kinship to all.i only hope to give back a fraction of what i have taken.i have been fishing my entire life.yet,people here have forgotten more than i know.but,i can tell you that i am by far a better fisherman now,than i was before coming to this forum.enjoy!