PDA

View Full Version : Lake Spaulding King salmon

Mo_kokanee
08-19-2005, 11:59 AM
I know that there have been lots of Kings planted in Spaulding over the last five years. Anyone had luck going after them? If so what are the best lures or techinques? Also, any other fish biting at that lake. Do you think that Kokanee would do well in Spaulding...Mo kokanee

khiameru
08-19-2005, 02:07 PM
I've caught a few of the Kings at Spaulding and on a few different rigs from large Rapalas to wedding rings. Even vertical jigging with small tubes. They are a fighting machine thats for sure. I'm sure saltydog will chime in on this one being it's his favorite lake

lazylab
08-19-2005, 05:01 PM
8) a nother person to like the dead sea :) d/w has had good luck at the ramp area ??? the rest are hit an miss ,we came back from gold lake via49 , 89, 80 to auburn area an spaulding is looking low but still good fishing. scoll back a few pages an you will find my post and there are more recent ones. i do pinns minnows from the ramp at first light topline seem to do fine rainbow pattern. deeper as you find the water to do it in , i have caught plenty not graghing any at all , may be the finder who knows. good luck it is the dead sea by all means 8)

fenton_chris
08-19-2005, 07:52 PM
i get that too there, no fish on the finder then, wam! usually, and its frustrating, but u see lots of fish on the finder there, and not a bite!

Steelhead
08-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Maybe the fish are on the (pa)troll. It is not unusual for fish to cruise the shore (20-40 ft dept.) of relatively small lakes. By the time your fish finder goes beep, that fish is 30 yards away.

saltydog
08-21-2005, 04:53 PM
Well, here is a list of things I have caught them on:
pin's minnows
Z-rays
apexes
kastmasters
rapalas rebels
lymans
R.S.K.'s
krokodiles
humdingers
small tube jigs (my favorite)
The key is finding them actively feeding.
They push the baitfish up against structure,and go into a feeding frenzy. ;D. I hold a derby there every year ;D 8)I love that lake!