PDA

View Full Version : gold lake

lazylab
08-16-2005, 04:14 PM
;D hit the lake fri got there at 10:30 lines in the water at 10:45 to make the first 3 runs across the lake . 3 hookups before the island all planters about 12 to 14 . switched to z-rays to cruise the shallows next to the islands , nice 3# mack at the bouy on the left! hit the camp and dumped the sis inlaw and went back for more while the wife 4wheeled the sub in stile a/c and all ;D lots of planters to be caught sat and sun mornin did mack trollin at 65 to 70 on the finder sat big fish 1@3&1/2 8) sun 2.2 all in all a fun time with the family and get this salty an dw no water fleas 8) an a sherrif fri an sun ;)

khiameru
08-17-2005, 09:16 AM
I sure am sorry I missed that one. Sounds like one of the better fish catching times on that lake. Now I'll be wanting to go there instead of Bodega. No water fleas wow I wonder what happened to them.Maybe the Sheriff pissed them off when he told them to stay 200ft from shore when going over 5 mph. One can only hope!! That is good to hear they need more patrols out there.

lazylab
08-17-2005, 02:19 PM
dw maybe one more trip this year? the sherrifs have had a lot of complaints and labor day weekend watch out :o they stopped every boat last weekend and talked to people on shore 8)sierra co has 6 boats he said most will do gold on a rotation plus others! the lake was nice even good for an afternoon run, glass in the mornin an evenin 8)the only thing is warm temps like we had a few years ago and the dead minnows on the shoreline ??? the minnows about 2 inches long little red stripe down the side. and plenty of crawdads at the shore big camp site :)

khiameru
08-17-2005, 03:25 PM
6 boats that should get rid off the lake lice and the ticks.

fenton_chris
08-17-2005, 06:30 PM
i hoping to be there sunday morn. gunna be camp at wild plum in sierra city over the weeknd. gas motor is in the shop. i might have use electric only. gunna run bow rapalas 4 macks, they planting the week.

lazylab
08-18-2005, 04:45 PM
f/c the electric may not do you any good as the winds have been howling in and around auburn ??? you can still see the thunder heads over the summit, we got rain in between siearraville and the top at jackson meadows pulled over to watch the light show ! almost looked like the coast with the clouds so low. my last run monday was kind of wet and that was 11:30 am call bassettes before you go or ask at siera city before you go! pass the main island on your left keep close to the shallows as deep as you want beware the shallow spot on the right on the next island .last point before main camp is unmarked no milk jug to warn ya ???

fenton_chris
08-19-2005, 10:53 AM
ty 4 the info. ill look into the weater. im only hitting the lake once. gunna troll, jig and try some vertical casting. but if the winds are too much, ill do more of the latter two.

lazylab
08-19-2005, 04:39 PM
f/c if you try jiggin talk to jack at will fish in auburn he has a hole were he marked them deep? a govermeant topo would be nice if you can get one online? i trolled as close as i could with downriggers with a z-ray as close to shore as i could! lots of hitting the bttm and oppps. this is all left of the island going to the back of the lake. last year with dolphinwalker i did both macks toplining seps tiretrack an a worm next to the forementioned unmarked bouy 8)

fenton_chris
08-19-2005, 07:56 PM
thanks man! i think, im gunan try lower sardine on the other day im up there. did u when u went up there? if so how'd u do with the rock? ill report when i get back. 8)

lazylab
08-20-2005, 09:01 AM
f/c did not try the other lakes as tow vehichle is in 4 wheel camp. the sherrif said lower sardine is doing fine? maybe ill hit those lakes later this year ???