PDA

View Full Version : Courtright/Wishon

fresnofshfan
08-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Going up friday night with Gregor in tow to Courtright to meet some friends who have been up since monday. Ill have the Stars flyin! Mabey hit Wishon if the bite is slow at Courtright

vini-v
08-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Be sure to give us an update i'm thinking about doing some trout'n in the next few weeks here, thanks fishfan.

fresnofshfan
08-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Paper says fishing is good. Im trolling in the am with rapalas and needlefish, mabey a weddign ring, then bank fishing with worms on the bottom.

JoeTech
08-10-2005, 11:14 AM
I just might see you there...I'm thinking of going up and doing some fishing either sat or sunday and then sighting in the rifle...getting ready for hunting season.

fresnofshfan
08-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Ill be up Friday night @ 10p until Sunday about noon after fishing. I have a Purple 4x4 Tacoma with burgandy shell and gregor in tow hit us up. Well be the ones drinking lots of beer ;D

fresnofshfan
08-12-2005, 09:21 AM
No one going up this weekend?? tapping my toe until 6pm

JoeTech
08-12-2005, 10:53 AM
I am but it wont be until sunday just for the day. I have to much work to get done on sat. So maybe Ill see you up there look for the raised black chevy pulling a 14 gregor or a black GMC Envoy...not sure which one Ill take.

fresnofshfan
08-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Well be on the lake until about 11am on sunday. You are a trooper thats a long trip for just a day.

JoeTech
08-15-2005, 05:33 AM
so how was fishing FFF

fresnofshfan
08-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Spanked Em!

Got up friday night about 9pm to meet some friends who were up since Monday. Drank beer and watched the Persid Metor shower until midnight. I saw 4 including one huge one that streaked across half of the sky... way cool.

Woke up at 5am on the water with my buddy Seth at 5:45.
Trolled for an hour with needlefish on the lead core and a firetiger kastmaster on his pole. No bites so i put out my second pole toplining a Tasmanian devil.. Nothing, so we found our party at the bank and beached the boat to get some worms and pick up his dog that got loose and found us at the bank. His dog was good mojo- first time on a boat and he was great. Put on the wedding rings one green,one red behind flashers both tipped with worm.
Started getting into fish off the bat at the back of the lake right in the middle where its deeper. Caught about 8 kept the bleeders(4). Beached the boat and picked up my bro.
For the first time I tried a dodger with a crawler threaded on bait hook. Fish Crack! I hooked up with 5 and kept 2. My bro hooked 6 and kept 2. Beached the boat at 4pm and went to camp *for more beer and food. Picked up Seth's fiance and headed to the back of the lake.Dodger(slingblade) and crawler and wedding ring with crawler for him.I was getting hits while letting the lead core out! I was about 4-5 colors down. I boated 5 more and Seth caught one. So far our best trip fish wise.
Even though we lost a set of flashers, two dodgers a needlefish, a weddig ring , and some leadcore,
"gotta watch your line bro " "I am! (snap!) uh was that the prop?"

All fish 12-14'' Except my two 16''ers , though my bro caught a wild fish 12''. Way brighter fice fins, I assume it wasnt a recent planter, looks different.

Snagging off dodger,lures,and lead core- $25
Case of beer- $15
Putting everyone in your group on fish(and still outfish them)- Priceless

Best trip to Courtright yet!!

JoeTech
08-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Thats great! glad you had a great trip...Courtrights always fun, espically when everyone's catching fish.

vini-v
08-18-2005, 06:29 PM
I just gotta get a boat. Sounds like an excellent trip thanks man.

fresnofshfan
08-19-2005, 08:37 AM
The fishing was so hot im thinking of leaving at 10pm tonight after Gmas birthday dinner, setting up there at 1am, sleep in the camper at the ramp fish until 12noon and head home for a nap!
Ill probably just go to Shaver on saturday morning, but Courtright is hot!

JoeTech
08-19-2005, 01:04 PM
I'm going up this weekend and might do some fishing but think i may just do some bow hunting.

fresnofshfan
08-19-2005, 02:01 PM
My friend who bowhunts said he is excited lots of good (for CA)deer are in that area