PDA

View Full Version : Just Back from Wyoming

Buckshot
08-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Spent the last three weeks in Wyoming and had the chance to fish the Salt and the Greys River. Great Cutthroat and Browns to fight and Brookies to eat. I have moved to Smoot Wyoming. Just waiting to sell my house here in Modesto. I am going back up in two weeks and hope to get a chance to fish Palisades Reservoir. I hope to keep in touch with all the sniffers and will be fishing Pyramid in the fall and winter months. Anyone heading for Star Valley Wyoming, to trout fish let me know.

GCinGV
08-13-2005, 06:47 AM
Congrats on the new place Buckshot. Thats one awsome area to fish. Keep up posted on the reports.
GC

Rusty_Hooks
08-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Buckshot...Pyramid...Oct 7-8-9 ;D ;D

Wild_Bill
08-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Buckshot,you know, you have moved to paradise don't you. You are one lucky fellow. Have you heard of Pinedale,Wyoming?I bought a plane thier about 18 years ago and fell in love with the place, ended up going back and buying 30 ac. Trying to get my wife to move back thier but she says shes a city slicker plus the grand kids are here. I know the Pinedale area fairly well. If you want any info of the area let me know. :)

drstressor
08-14-2005, 04:47 PM
You're moving to a great area. I had a research trip there 3 years ago and got a chance to fish the Grey's. That is one of the best little gems in the west. Caught 56 Snake River cutts and a dozen big whitefish in 2 days. And I'm a lousy fly fisherman. ;D I also liked the ability to just pull off the road and camp.

Buckshot
08-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Wild Bill,
Yes I am familiar with Pinedale, just over the hills from Star Valley. I have fished Fremont Lake and a few of the small lakes and streams around there. Get Moved!

Doc,
you are right about the Greys. My favorite place to camp and fish. Great Elk Hunting there also.

Thanks for your input. I have gone to Heaven before my time is up!!! ;D Make sure and come and fish with me.

I will stay in touch.

metalmouth
08-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Buckshot, Send me a P.M. when you get moved. I live just over the hill on the Idaho side. I'll fish Palisades with you. Jackson lake is just getting fired up for the Macs and the Koke fishing at Ririe is out of this world. We've been catching 2.5 lb. Kokes, since they've schooled. The fish and game said on saturday, that the South Fork of the Snake has not been this good in years. Welcome home and tight lines. MM

THE_TROUTKING
08-15-2005, 08:24 AM
Hi buckshot congrads I know you can catch fish ;D ::).
Hope too see you at pyramid fest again tight lines.
Enjoy your new heaven.

Brian

Buckshot
08-17-2005, 05:31 AM
Thanks TroutKing,
I will be Fishing Pyramid! October is Elk hunting for me but I sure am going to try and be there for the octoberfest.

badbobfishing33
08-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Luckey dog ;D I have not fished Palisades in years but when I did it was awesome !!! used night crawlers near the dam sliding bobber rig let it drop 4-6 feet wham...tons of trout it was great....camped right on the water in a truck overnight...we were staying in Idaho Falls (110 miles south).

also heard there are fresh water stugeon in there BIG ONES!! Go get um....!

sparksjim
08-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Well, I see someone else has found out about Wy. I moved from Sparks Nv. to Cody in July...love the place, have started to Fly fish, first weekend out caught 3 nice brookies...from a stream that feeds from Yellowstone Lake thru Clark's Fork, it goes by the name of Rock Creek and that is exactly what it is...clean clear cold water and nice little fish. Can't wait for later for the German Browns to start up the South Fork River....still miss the idea of fishing Pyramid....oh well there is the Buffalo Bill Cody Res. outside of Cody with some great lake fishing....I think i will keep my screen name thou...to remind me of a place i called home for over 43 yrs.

drstressor
08-17-2005, 09:08 PM
Jim, drop by the Absaroka Bay RV Park and ask for Bill or Elaine Tabacinsky (they work there). Tell them Lee from Reno sent you. They now live in Cody but have fished the entire area out there every summer for over 30 years. They can tell you more about the local fishing than you can pick up on your own in a hurry. Both of them have fished Pyramid and Davis with me. They love living in WY. They are also very funny in a snarfy sort of way. ;D

Buckshot
08-18-2005, 02:33 PM
I'm headed back up for a week of fishing. The Greys was high and muddy two weeks ago. Will fish it this trip.

The Salt River was excellent. I landed 7 fish over 20 inches.
Broke off 2 huge browns. Only kept the Brookies for
eating. I was using a Jakes lure in silver with red dots.
Fly fishing is just turning on.

sparksjim
08-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Doc thanks for the info will look them up...love it up here. I do miss Reno/Sparks. However after living in the area for over 42 years it was becoming east Sac with all the building and traffic. the only traffic up here is the tourist and deer. the tourist will leave soon, just like Lake Tahoe, however the deer will stay...
Jim