PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Yosemite

maskas
08-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Anybody have any tips on fishing in yosemite valley?

ratss427
08-16-2005, 05:41 PM
small spinners will catch fish.early morning.fish out of the way spots along the highway.check regulations .and you shoulld hook up.my favorites for the valley are the small white panther martin.and the colorado spinner with a split shot.caught some real nice browns in ereas that people swim during the day.including a 5 1/2 lber. good luck

maskas
08-16-2005, 06:32 PM
thanks...ill try that...ill let you know if i get anything.

Collegebound
08-16-2005, 07:19 PM
in the porcupine flats campgrounds, there is a creek that has some small brookies in it. If you want to hike, take the ethan Aulin(spelling?) trail and cast small kastmasters into the creeks and pools as you go
Mike

Eric_csus14
08-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Last year a friend of my hiked 10 Lakes and fished up there. Difficult hike but caught numerous small trout, biggest maybe 15 inches. Used Mealy worms under bobers and small spinners. Beautiful place. Forget where the trail head was but just ask for 10 lakes. Good luck!

Master_Caster
08-16-2005, 10:57 PM
In yosemite I found the tiny 1/32 oz panther martins to work very well. Try and get them in the new holographic colors. Ultra light rod with 2 lb test is the way to go.

ndiezel
08-17-2005, 06:25 AM
Ten Lakes is awesome if you have a whole day to hike in. But it's worth it. You will catch all day. Take the trail coming out of White Wolf. There is a small pond back there. You'lle be sure to catch fish. Watch for the rattlers! I saw 2 in a 4 hour span. One was a VERY close encounter.

vini-v
08-17-2005, 05:14 PM
I believe WAY BACK when i was in scouts we packed into the ten lakes area in the streams way up high around 10,000 ft we cought golden trout buts its been 25 years ago.

fenton_chris
08-17-2005, 06:22 PM
i posted a report a few weeks ago, scroll back. 8)

LARiver
08-18-2005, 11:52 AM
I am not an expert but have seen some recent reports from fly anglers that they had fun near the T. meadows. I have one idea that I'd love to try and perhaps you might consider esp. if you are with family or people who aren't too adventurous. The idea is to fish REAL close to the major waterfalls. A lot of these spots are rarely viewed as fishing spots. I did a hike with a friend who was totally not into long distances and we went to one of the easy waterfalls. It was a low water season. The trail was about 200 feet or so above the stream and I had binoculars. Every now and then in a pool or slick, I could see trout holding and some were good size. If you try this out, be careful (tough streamside terrain and poss. high flows) and, alas, let us know how you did!
;)
LA