PDA

View Full Version : Loon Lake 1 - Ice House 0

ITUKAWAL
08-08-2005, 09:48 AM
You've heard the saying of best laid plans of .........

I wasn't in any big hurry to get to Loon Lake Saturday as it was hotter than a popcorn F@#t and I was going to target the afternoon bite anyway. For the past several months Farrier Frank and Pink Boat have been ravin' about these hoochies that Oxbow intro'ed them to. So last week I thought I make up my own version. Whoa baby, I think these are keepers and if I told ya how I made 'em I'd have to put a hex on your boat. Anyway, 2 hours later and a limit of planters ( C&R ) I went back to camp for dinner and some BBQ spare ribs. I wanted to hookup at Ice House the next morning so I sacked it in early. It was still O-Dark :30 when I started to leave and head down the hill to IH. Thought I'd best do a walk around and check for flaws in my game plan. FOUND ONE !! Actually two.

I left some electronics on over night and both batteries were belly-up. Bottom line, I beat feet down the hill right smack dab into 104 degree STUFF. Wrong decision but still had great time outside and on the pond.

Mickey_Thomas
08-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Way to go "IT" ;D that's the first report from Loon that I remember this year that mentioned the secret word "LIMIT"
;D ;D ;D You don't have to tell everybody about your secret hoochies, just PM me ;) ;D ;D ;D

ITUKAWAL
08-08-2005, 10:18 AM
Tell ya what Mick. I'm going to put one away in my tackle box with your name on it. That way you'll have a model to work off of. I love that word too Mickey. The good old "L" word. I haven't said that in a while.

AllFishNoWork
08-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Nice report on Loon Itukawal! You guys are really lucky to live up there. Oxbow knows his spinners and hoochies.

MamaWentFishin
08-08-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm glad to hear that someone's catching fish at Loon. I fished there for about four hours on Thursday evening and rang up a big fat zero (much like a bunch of other Sniffers who have tried recently). I talked with a gentleman on Friday morning who told me that he was marking fish at 70-80 feet...and I had my bobber stopper set at only 50 feet. Beautiful lake, and a nice camping spot. Better up there at 85 degrees or so rather than the 100s it was in Sacramento. :P

robert_long
08-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Great to see a good Loon Lake report. Taking my nephew up
for some high mountain trout fishing this weekend. So hot
in Santa Clara Valley, can't wait.

Robert

Mickey_Thomas
08-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Loon is scheduled to be stocked this week ;D