PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Lake 7/28-7/31

BITE_ME_II
07-31-2005, 03:28 PM
Well I was back on the water for the first time Thursday morning, I had planned on going out for a couple of hours if I could last that long. My daughter and I left the dock at 5:20 Thursday a.m. and we were back at the dock by 7:00. We dropped our lines in the water at 5:45 trolling F7 Rapalas at 25 ft in 45-70 plus feet of water, we used only Shiner Minnow and Vampire Rapalas. We fished from Miners Point to Eagles Nest (almost)!!! We limited out by 6:40, We caught 2 Tui Chubs and 4 trout, My daughters limit of two weighed in at 7.14lbs my two were 6.2lbs..
We did the same thing give or take a few minutes Fri and Sat as well, we didn't fish today I was flat worn out!!

My 14 year old daughter Breanna was awsome, she got up with me took control of getting the boat ready, got on the boat started it up and was ready to go by the time I got my slow butt ready to head out, If it wasn't for her I could not have done it, I just don't have the strength yet!! I'm going to try and send Doc some pix so we can get them posted.

BITE ME II
8) 8)

vito
07-31-2005, 03:44 PM
Welcome back. Good to hear you are fishing again.

SierraSkier
07-31-2005, 04:03 PM
Amazing...great report and a great daughter to boot. Glad to hear you are back on the water with family.

metalmouth
07-31-2005, 04:04 PM
Congrats to you and your daughter, Bite_Me_II. That is the post we all have been waiting for. A special thanks to Breanna. Guess you two still have the touch. Hope Doc posts the pics soon. ;D 8) ;D

Oxbow
07-31-2005, 04:13 PM
Very happy to have you back on the board! Hang in there, the strength will return, just take it slow and easy.

Captain_Morgan
07-31-2005, 04:19 PM
Welcome back Bite Me II! ;) Glad to hear your out doing what we all love to do. Tell your daughter that I said thanks for helping. ;) I went throught it with both my parents & she needs to know how important her support really is. :) Good luck to you & your family.You'll be fine. I know people always say if you need something let me know. Just let the sniffer clan know. ;D We got your back. :)

I have a feeling this is going to be a great thread!! :D

Rusty_Hooks
07-31-2005, 04:56 PM
Well I'll be......It sure is good to see some activity at Eagle lake K.

Glad to see your up and about...a little at a time!!!! ;)

I wish I could get my daughter brIanna to fire up a boat in the am. :-/

Nice report ;D 8)

Take care...RH

gone fishin
07-31-2005, 08:08 PM
Hi Ken,

You made my day ;D ;D seeing this post about you getting up and around and fishing with your Daughters to boot. Way to go Breanna, you have an awesome Dad, and Ken you have an awesome daughter.
Congrats buddy and take it slow.... ;D ;D

I got to spend some time with my 19 year old daughter the last few days as well catching some Salmon. I love it...

Take care...Ron

TCtrout
07-31-2005, 08:12 PM
Great report and glad to here you are back fishing hope all is well. I am heading to Eagle on the 5 th for 10 day hope to do as well as you did. Thanks for the report and its awesome that you daughter is helping so much.
TCtrout

krzyfshrmn
07-31-2005, 08:54 PM
Great job Ken. Glad to see your getting some time on the water. :)

firetrout
07-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Man that was a beautiful sight to see a post from
BITEME II, :)

Nice to see your daughter knows what can bring you Up!!!

Keep Biting,

TS5655
07-31-2005, 09:05 PM
BM_II,

That story just brings smiles to me. Congratulations.

TS

drstressor
07-31-2005, 09:16 PM
Here are a few of Ken's pictures from the trip:

http://unr.edu/homepage/weber/bm1.jpg

http://unr.edu/homepage/weber/bm2.jpg

http://unr.edu/homepage/weber/bm3.jpg

AllFishNoWork
07-31-2005, 10:40 PM
Way to go BMII and Breanna! Those are good lookin trout.

troutfan
08-01-2005, 02:13 AM
Congrats to you and your daughter, Bite_Me_II. *That is the post we all have been waiting for. A special thanks to Breanna. Guess you two still have the touch. Hope Doc posts the pics soon. ;D 8) ;D
This is the best report I've read this week! ;D

Garden_Valley_Fish
08-01-2005, 04:06 AM
Ken,
With not much time on my hands to scan the posts here on the sniffer as of late I was really happy to read your post and am glad all the positive thoughts and prayers have helped.Keep up the good work and we'll all see you soon fishing full time once again soon.
Good luck and good wishes,
Rich

RIVER_RAT
08-01-2005, 06:13 AM
Great to hear your back on the water :D ;D
You got to be proud of Breanna, what a great support that must be. Your a lucky man. ;)

BITE_ME_II
08-01-2005, 06:55 AM
She has always been a great kid, but these last few weeks she has stepped up and continues to tell me( don't worry dad, you taught me how to do that a long time ago, so I got it just relax). Don't get me wrong I have three other daughters, two are still living at home, the next oldest Danielle had to work so she stayed home this trip and she would rather not fish anyway.

Like I say Take a kid fishing, keep them close..

BITE ME II
8) 8)

Steve_M
08-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Way to go Ken, Glad to hear you have such great daughters *:)

mike_d
08-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Hey BM2 its great to hear your out on the water again. It sounds like you have a great family and lots of support.

Mickey_Thomas
08-02-2005, 05:45 AM
Sorry I missed the report Ken, it's a good one 8) family fishing at it's best ;) can I borrow one of your Daughters to take fishing? I'd like to just sit back and let them do all the work ;D With Hammer I have to do it all ??? but that's another story all togeather ;) Can't wait till Pyramid opens up, I'll be living on the beach for a few weeks ;D ;D

BITE_ME_II
08-02-2005, 06:18 AM
Lotsa beach to share!!

Deltafisher
08-02-2005, 06:49 AM
Ken,nice to hear you got out to fish and kudos to your daughter :)As hard as it is not to be doing what you love to do,and what use to come so easy to you,Take it easy :o

Take care,Dave

HSUSteelie
08-02-2005, 06:52 AM
BMII - Good to read a report from you again!!!

How was the wather at Eagle? Much wind?

HSU Steelie

BITE_ME_II
08-02-2005, 07:23 AM
Breezy afternoons but fishable, if you wanted to, or wait until eve and it flattened out.

BITE ME II
8) 8)

hoghunter3
08-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Great to hear you're back on the water. We just missed you up there. Would have loved to run into "you guys".

SalmonKing
08-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Nice fish and even nicer kids of yours to be so responsible to get the boat ready! Sounds like you guys really had a good time!

CHICKFISHING58
08-02-2005, 10:16 PM
I have three other daughters,
BITE ME II
8) 8)
Great report Ken you have to love it ;) besides there young women and they already know how to handle a boat go girls we need more women out here ::) stay safe my friend ;)

ifish4fun
08-03-2005, 08:35 AM
Great going Ken great news to hear you are back on the water where you belong. Daughters are the best take care
and hope to get to meet you this fall at pyramid.

THE_TROUTKING
08-03-2005, 09:20 AM
Hey Ken glad too see your post you just made my week.Im am glad too see your post that you were back on the water doing what you love,fishing and spending time with your daughter.Im happy has hell you got to go fish one of faverate lakes.I will contuine too pray for you and your family cant wait too see you again.When your strong again
I want you to guilde me on eagle and I defintly see you at pyramid fest your friend.

Brian

RBC
08-03-2005, 09:48 AM
So glade to hear your back on the water and back on the board. Great pics. Take it nice and easy… Tight Lines

Big_Country
08-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the great report, Ken. I'll post results after my Eagle trip (8/7-12) next week. Best, Tim

BITE_ME_II
08-04-2005, 08:38 AM
If the Dr. says no Chemo yet I may be spending some time up there until I do go in for Chemo, so I may see you up there.

Ken
BITE ME II
8) 8)

Big_Country
08-04-2005, 07:06 PM
My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you.

Hope to see your Trophy up there. I'll probably have the only Grady on the water, at least the only one with stars.

Try me on Ch 69 - we'll be fishing early and late, and just hanging out on the water the rest of the time...

Tim