PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fished Tahoe lately

0u812
08-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Going to Lake Tahoe this weekend and wanted to do a little fishing wondering if anyone knows what's biting and on what.

SierraSkier
08-02-2005, 08:40 PM
I havent been on the big lake lately, but the word on the street is that kokes are being caught in the top 50 feet off of Taylor Creek. Macks have gone deep, but really just fish the deep drops in 80-200 feet of water. I got minnows last weekend (more drinking than fishing) in 35 feet of water to get the larger minnows. Tahoe is pretty simple for macks, hit the deep drop offs off of Cave Rock, Emerald Bay, Sand Harbot and Dollar Point. Many are going very deep, I bet Weez would tell you that is not necessary. I bet that bows and browns are still readily available in the rocks around Emerald Bay and Sand Harbor was planted with boat loads of bows. Maybe troll some f17 rainbow raps around the launch area. I use a canoe and have had a couple of wakeboarders try to kill me this summer, so I am mainly going to other lakes now, hope that helps a bit though.

SierraSkier
08-02-2005, 08:47 PM
One last thing...get your butt out of bed if you want to catch fish in Tahoe....or stay up late, a wink's as good as a knod to a blind man.

CHICKFISHING58
08-02-2005, 10:09 PM
ou812,
FB told me they had an oil spill there a week ago so be safe ;)

drstressor
08-02-2005, 10:10 PM
It was a sewage spill. ::) Shouldn't harm the fishing.

SierraSkier
08-03-2005, 08:52 AM
Definitely just some sewage, the beaches are all open. But, the best part is that those of us with non-profits are going to get a lot of money to spend from someones insurance company.

badbobfishing33
08-03-2005, 08:53 AM
Was just there last weekend took the boat out at cave rock and the keys...did not see any oil spill??? Wonder where is was???

The cave rock area and past found a bunch of minnows....did not fish but the water felt great for swimming!!! ;D

SalmonKing
08-03-2005, 08:11 PM
I don't plan on fising Tahoe for a while. I don't want to catch any browns...

SierraSkier
08-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Good grief folks, if you have ever swam at any beach anywhere in California you are going to be exposed to more fecal coliform than you are going to see in Tahoe. Sewage dump included. Really this is just a payday for those of us in the basin looking to complete our projects, it has no real impact on anything other than a contractors insurance company.

If wakeboarders didnt want to kill me I would be fishing there tomorrow. I dont eat tahoe macks because they already taste like feces, but it sure isn't the sewage spill that is influencing me.

Weez
08-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Small rainbows are still hitting shallow, north and south of Cave Rock. Macks can be caught shallow downrig trolling early and late, deep downrigging all day. Kokanee are hot and cold, at times only 20 feet deep in less than 100 feet of water, then later in the day they may be 60 or 80 feet down, further out in the lake, over 200 to 400 feet of water.