PDA

View Full Version : Beardsley Spillway

dogfish
07-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Fished it on tuesday caught three nice browns between 2-5 lbs. Drifted a crawler had alot of hits but only netted three. Water is still pretty high but good fishing.

mike_d
07-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Isn't there restrictioins there about using bait. I thaught it was artificial barbless lures only. I also think theres a two fish limit. I could be wrong though. I hope you are aware of the regs. ???

ratss427
07-07-2005, 01:52 PM
mike d is right.artificial lures only.single barbless hooks.limit of two fish only.minimum 14". ???

mike_d
07-07-2005, 02:00 PM
I went back and read some old post it looks like somebody is trying to stir up some sh**t. Do it somewhere else. >:( >:(

Steve_M
07-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Fished it on tuesday caught three nice browns between 2-5 lbs. Drifted a crawler had alot of hits but only netted three. Water is still pretty high but good fishing. You also caught a 23lb Bass at Clear Lake last year ::)

dogfish
07-07-2005, 03:01 PM
1- I know what the regs are but nobody ever patrols that area so what the hell, its only illegal if you get caught.

2- I'm not trying to stir up **** everyone on here is just to sensitive.

3- Steve_M, you seem really fixated on my 23lb bass don't be jealouse someday I can take you out and teach you to fish like the big boys.

Lighten up everyone I'm just a regular fish loving guy like the rest.

Steve_M
07-07-2005, 03:08 PM
dogfish,I will not respond to your non-sense anymore !!

Silver_Hilton
07-07-2005, 03:17 PM
1- I know what the regs are but nobody ever patrols that area so what the hell, its only illegal if you get caught.

Lighten up everyone I'm just a regular fish loving guy like the rest.

Those statements are in direct conflict with one another. If you really love the fish, and want to earn the unending respect of this board's members, I'd suggest fishing within the letter of the law - otherwise, you deserve the flames you'll get. :-X

Duzwatido
07-08-2005, 08:48 AM
The afterbay is a real gem. Reddhead and I caught 22 nice trout and missed just as many on kastmasters two weeks ago. Follow the regs and find what color and lure the fish are hitting and you will have great success. We missed many fish because of the barbless hooks wouldnt stay set because the fish were cartwheeling at us. But the most fun I have had there ever. A lot of people are using bait down there which is unfortunate.

troutslayer
07-09-2005, 06:35 AM
Dogfish (your handle name is beneth a dog)
Just because no ones there to get you for fishing with bait doesn't mean what the heck.RATS post is correct on regs.
That is a great place to get fish and it is a real shame when people pillage and take more then the law.
If I see you up there you will be fined enough money so you might quit fishing for good! Big bucks National Refuge!
Most all people on this board would agree.
So you might want to watch you back next time you go into the Stanislaus district.
The law up there can go as far as taking your car and going to your home to check your frig.
Just play by the rules and don't post things you can't back up.
Thats like saying U got 20 fish and kept them all. Not cool at all.
Plus I would suggest you go and post in a different board that is not welcome here I would bet my pay ck on it.
The proper people will be advise on this type of wrong doing.Sheriff,Highway patrol, Rangers, DFG and camping staff.
Get those eyes behind your head a pair of good glasses.
You must be from another country or something. Very unamerican.
Sorry to the rest of the board for getting so long winded but that can really destroy this area fast.Man this is pretty bad and I will stop at this point.
Peace
troutslayer

cutbow_master
07-09-2005, 02:44 PM
I'm with troutslayer.

ratss427
07-09-2005, 02:56 PM
well put t.s. the afterbay has always been a great place to fish.i have fished it for many years and i always release everything i catch there(14" or not just my choice).i feel,its the only way to keep it the trophy water it is.so,when i saw dogs post it made me very angry.but, mike d correctly revealed him as a fraud.if he is telling the truth about the afterbay,i hope he gets his a** busted.otherwise,he should stick to catching,and releasing, those "23 lb bass" >:(

Steve_M
07-09-2005, 05:01 PM
well put t.s. the afterbay has always been a great place to fish.i have fished it for many years and i always release everything i catch there(14" or not just my choice).i feel,its the only way to keep it the trophy water it is.so,when i saw dogs post it made me very angry.but, mike d correctly revealed him as a fraud.if he is telling the truth about the afterbay,i hope he gets his a** busted.otherwise,he should stick to catching,and releasing, those "23 lb bass" >:( Maybe he ate it ,now he is pooping $1000.00 dollar Bills 8)

dogfish30
08-01-2005, 07:50 AM
Hey everybody, I was just searching for an old post and came across this one. I would like everone to know that I am not that a&%hole. I would have responded earlier, but this is the first time I've seen it. I follow all the rules and have called CalTip on poachers several time. Not with very good results though. But thats another story. I hope this jerk gets busted too. >:( dogfish30

mike_d
08-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Dont' worry df30 we all know it's not you. As for troutslayer I am with you on everything you said, but somehow I don't think he was serious about what he posted. Just trying to get a rise out of us. IMO

troutslayer
08-01-2005, 04:29 PM
All
Like I said enough and no effect ;) on me just are childrens lifes to come. :(
We should fish and leave something for 5 generation to come! I sure miss that area and it hasn't even been a yr yet.
Did find a place to fish down here in the San Jacinto Mountains Lake Fulmor.Less then a hour away.
My boy Zachary and I went Saturday and got some planters.
We C&Rd 6 fish in 2 1/2 hrs of fishing.
Keep up the reports for me down here.
Golden trout on my next fishing mish Pictures to follow when complete.
Peace all.
troutslayer 8)

fresnofshfan
08-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Wow- if his post is "just to get a rise" he must be a kid or unemployed because I dont think any grown man would take the time to log on post and reply just to pi** people off. Mabey Im wrong and he is a grown man. If so I feel sorry for him. Must have no family or friends. Bummer. As for me I have just enough time to work, post a report,fish,eat dinner and sleep!