PDA

View Full Version : UVR 7-30-05

oltrukr
07-31-2005, 05:47 PM
My son and I made a nice withdrawl from the bank Saturday. 2 limits, nothing of any great size all in the 12-14 inch range. Sat under a shade tree and soaked PB. Started at 0700 and finished up with the last fish at 1400. When I cleaned these fish 4 out of 10 had a light orange tint to the meat. Not a lot of boats fishing near us so don't have a clue what went on out on the water. On the way up had to stop for a bear to cross the road, first one my son had seen outside a zoo, woke him right up. Will be headed back up again next saturday to find another tree to sit under, hope to see some of you there.

Split_shot_1
07-31-2005, 10:51 PM
There seems to be a lot of bears at UVR and Ice Hse. this year. I have been going to Ice Hse for over 20 yrs. and this is the first year a bear(s) has hit the campground every night while we were camping. Something must be going on... ???

Sierra_hillbilly
08-01-2005, 03:46 PM
The bears have really moved down the hill in the last few years. Last year and the year before they were having bear problems in Georgetown which is only 2500 ft. It is good to know that they are doing better considering they were not doing well about 10 years ago.