PDA

View Full Version : Loon Lake 7/26 @ 7/27

Sierra_hillbilly
07-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Went to Loon for a camping trip. The fishing was horrible. No bites in the boat at all. I threw the whole box at them. Then we got to our camping site at camp plesant and fished from the shore. Inflated worms on the bottom landed my wife a 19" and a 22" rainbow. Didn't take the camera this time it was just a get away from all TV's, telephones ect. weekend. My kids landed 5 planters. When we were getting ready to leave we saw the coolest sight. A bald eagle came down from the sky and snacthed a fish right off the stringer. It was the closest Ive ever been to a eagle it was amazing. All in all it was a great get away for the weekend.

S_h

johnbfishin
07-29-2005, 05:00 AM
Too bad the fishing was slow S_H, but it sounds like you got what you went for with a couple of fish ta boot. That's cool about the eagle and I'm sure it said "thank you much". ;D

Farrier_Frank
07-29-2005, 05:10 AM
That's the best report so far this year for Loon Hillbilly. For some reason Loon has been a bust this year. Too bad you didn't have a camera for that eagle.

ITUKAWAL
07-29-2005, 05:24 AM
hey HillBilly, you just saved my weekend. I haven't been up to Loon all season and maybe not even last year. Just lookin' for a Fri - Sun kickback time. Thanks for the report and the inspiration S-B.

JoeTech
07-29-2005, 10:20 AM
That bald eagle would have been site to see...to bad you didnt have the camera rolling

fenton_chris
07-29-2005, 07:19 PM
in the fall it will pick up! when that temp drops

Sierra_hillbilly
07-29-2005, 07:57 PM
I think last year was such a great year for Loon that it is taking a break for the summer. I was told that guys were Ice fishing at loon this last winter and they were doing well. I don't know about you but I'm not stupid enough to Ice fish Loon the lake water goes up and down due to hydro. So you could be standing on suspended Ice that is 2-3' above the water line.

Mickey_Thomas
07-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Good point on not fishing Loon on the ice. They post signs just for that reason. Loon is such a beautiful lake it's worth the drive just for the scenery and abeyance ;D I bet it's a zoo this weekend though, Jeeper Jamboree started Thurs and one goes out Fri and Sat too. It's a great place to sit and watch all the Jeeps start the Rubicon Trail. ;)

GCinGV
07-31-2005, 07:28 AM
I was up there trolling the 27th as well. Nothing all day long and then just before dark got 5 planter Bows and 1-16 Brown, in the cove near the boat ramp, on a Rapala with one oz. of weight. Went back Friday afternoon and not even a scratch.
GC