PDA

View Full Version : Help... new to the trout scene!!

newtothegame
07-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Hi guys/gals

I live in Vacaville and I wanna go catch some trout!! where is the nearest place to go get into some trout? I love fishin but its just not good striper/sturgy time now so I need to go after somethin else!!

Where can I go?? ... any help would be appreciated ..me and my g/f have Sunday off and wanna go!! Thanks!!

johnbfishin
07-29-2005, 10:51 PM
Putah creek might work for ya, but are you boating or banking?

drift
07-30-2005, 10:49 AM
*You have a lot of great placs all around you. First, theres Putah Creek, which is a fantastic fishery for wild and planted trout and it flows right through Vacaville. Just find some deeper holes and throw rooster tails or castmasters in there. Then, you have Lake Berryessa. In the winter and spring, you can come here and soak power bait on a sliding sinker rig for rainbows. I don't think the fishing for trout would be very good at Lake Berryessa in the hot weather right now though. Then you have Lake Solano. Lake Solano is a lake created by damming Putah Creek. There is good fishing here for brown trout and rainbow trout. I'm not sure how it is in the summer, but in the winter and spring Solano will surely get you some trout on power bait. There are a couple other places in Santa Rosa, like Spring Lake and Lake Hennessy. Powerbait in the cooler months should yield some fish. The East Fork of the Russian River above Ukiah is stocked with trout. I think your best bet for this time of year is Putah Creek and or Lake Solano. You can find a map of Lake Solano, Lake Berryessa, and Putah Creek at http://www.fishsniffer.com/maps/putah.html

newtothegame
07-30-2005, 07:07 PM
I think I will try Solano Lake :) ... maybe we will try there ... we drove by there and up putah creek and it looks like a lot of bank spots ..so it might be nice early in the morning ...

thanks everyone for the help!!!