PDA

View Full Version : huntington lake

polybass
07-25-2005, 02:36 PM
how is fishing at huntington lake, n wat lures or abit is hot for that lake

fresnofshfan
07-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Rapalas, for browns & bigger bows, flashers & crawler or needlefish for stockers. A couple other guys fish it morthan me hopefully thell chime in. Also check out the fishing report at www.fresnobee.com/sports

mtalley
07-26-2005, 11:06 AM
fresnofishfan pretty much hit it, all I can add is wedding ring lures from out in front of rancheria marina towards the creek entance will get you lots of small Kokes. We are both assuming you are fishing from a boat. Let us know how you do.

JoeTech
07-26-2005, 11:24 AM
dido...so far this year lots of small fish for me espically now...but there are some large fish in the lake I've seen a 10 brown pulled out of there... anyways fishing is normally better when the water from cal edison isn't running.

polybass
07-27-2005, 02:28 PM
thnx, alot ill report cuz im a boyscout n im thinkiing of fsihing there, during camping,, wat kind of rapalas could u show me like picture of it, are spinners good,

JoeTech
07-28-2005, 07:33 AM
I would say a good rapala color for hunington would be rainbow trout/brown trout/blk&silver/blk&brwn. As far as spinners: weeding rings green or red top w/ a worm and cast masters. If I were to fish there this weekend I would probably fish flasher/needlefish topped with a worm or dodger/worm combo. You can never fail at hunington with worms. They always work...I like to inject mine with a scent of some sort. Hope that helps