PDA

View Full Version : los gatos creek fishing

fisherdude4eva
07-25-2005, 09:27 PM
im going on a fishing trip next week at los gatos creek and i was wondering if there are any trout in there. Also what other species are there and how to catch them. THanks

sellhomes2fish
07-26-2005, 09:13 AM
Are you referring to the creek that runs below Lexington Dam and Vasona, or the section between Vasona and the Campbell Percolation ponds? I've never tried fishing there thinking there were no fish but could be wrong. If so, you might do better at Lexington or the Campbell Perc Ponds as they were stocked with trout earlier this spring. Both places also have bass lurking and feeding on those trout.

drift
07-26-2005, 11:53 AM
fisherdude e-mail me i'll give you some info

sharker556@yahoo.com

Duzwatido
07-26-2005, 04:22 PM
I have heard of trout in there, but I dought they would last long in there. Probably came over the damns at Vasona or Lexington. Mostly bass, blue gill, catfish, and carp. A little of everything.

Chowder26
01-23-2012, 03:08 PM
There are fish in there. As the lg creek trail runs along the trail between main street and Lexington there is a cement pool where there are trout. Haven't seen any other spots. Howevere, apparently there is still a steelhead run that ends around the Pruneyard at Campbell avenue from the bay.
Good luck!

dilbeck
01-23-2012, 05:49 PM
There are fish in there. As the lg creek trail runs along the trail between main street and Lexington there is a cement pool where there are trout. Haven't seen any other spots. Howevere, apparently there is still a steelhead run that ends around the Pruneyard at Campbell avenue from the bay.
Good luck!

Yeah, because of the steelhead, I'm pretty sure that area has special regulations but you might want to double check just in case.

For what it's worth, I have a buddy who catches bass out of there.

flytier
01-26-2012, 08:33 AM
All steelhead here are protected. Saying that you were only fishing for trout is not going to work as an excuse because the gear is identical.

Check the regs first and ALSO call the DFG first to be safe! Catch and release only (where allowed) and barbless hooks. You'll need to have a steelhead card, a pen for it etc...

I'm not sure about exactly where you are targetting but if there really are still some adult steelie's in there (and folks know it) then the DFG will likely be checking up on them.

All remaining Bay steelhead now exist in tiny numbers so they are trying hard to protect them.

Personally I'd just leave those alone and go to a coastal river. You are more likely to catch something and less likely to get a ticket.

The other trout in these local streams are like tiny minnows (still fun but I use a 3 wt!).

F33rNoFish
01-30-2012, 09:15 AM
i've seen bass come out of there and im sure there has to be carp. probably some bluegill, but i tried fishing for bg and got nothing...doesn't mean they're not there.

i have heard of steelies in there as well.

there are sections of the year where you cannot fish that creek along with the small ponds off of monterey rd/101. forget what they're named but there are signs posted all around.

oh, yeah...barbless hooks as mentioned above and NO cut or live bait allowed. artificial only.