PDA

View Full Version : Bucks Lake?

Big Ken
07-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Any reports on Bucks Lake?..The wife & I are heading up there the last weekend of July & wondering what was working up there.

fishnphool

appleinorange
07-22-2005, 11:35 AM
fishnphool, I will be up that way myself then. I will be in Chester and plan to fish Bucks lake a day or two. Maybe we can hook up.

Big Ken
07-22-2005, 03:10 PM
That would be great..what kind of boat will you be in?

appleinorange
07-23-2005, 09:14 AM
I will be in a 14 ft. fiberglass with a 50 hp. Merc. Blue with Bass Wacker on the side. Look for my stars, drivers side. My cell # 559-816-4338. Rick Applegarth

CHICKFISHING58
07-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Hey Guys,
I'm planing to go the last weekend in July also that is if I get my boat done in time I have a 14ft Lund stars on both side maybe I'll see you guys there no radio :( if not let us know how you do ;)

appleinorange
07-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Chick, we will be looking for you. I will also be fishing Almanor, Butt and Eagle 7/28 thru 8/8. Rick

Joe_Local_Guy
07-25-2005, 09:16 AM
Fished Bucks on Sat 7/25. All we caught were 2 small Kokes. Started off jigging buzz bombs, but the breeze came up and we started to hang up on the bottom because of the drift. Then we trolled, tried flashers with worms (that's what we caught the kokes on) wedding ring with dodger (zip) Gold Rapala (zip) and J plugs with down rigger. Started at 6am and ended at 11 when the H2O skiers took over. Saw alot of other boats, but not alot of fish. The ones we saw were small.
Maybe it was the full moon? Water surface temp 79 degrees. Marked alot of fish between 23 and 45 feet, then several right on the bottom. Just because you can mark them, doesn't mean they want to bite.

troutpirate
07-25-2005, 09:27 AM
I've had luck trolling watermelon apex, be sure to tip
with scented corn...

the koke's aren't very big, but plentiful.

we usually go the weekend after labor day, not as many
water fleas, etc then...

This time of year try Rocky point to Rainbow point.

-jr

OTDRSMN
07-25-2005, 02:31 PM
My wife and I were at Buck's Lake for the 4th of July weekend. We caught mostly rainbows on Uncle Larry's spinners with half a crawler. Caught two 3 lb macks on a gold and red dot Jakes Lure and caught a really nice 5+ brown on a 5" broken back Strike Pro lure in rainbow color.

We also caught a few small kokes on small Sockeye Slammers tipped with scented corn. Call the Marina and ask for Dewitt Henderson, the owner. He will gladly give you the run down on what's bitting and what their catching them on.

Good Luck! I love Buck's Lake! It's one of our favorite lakes to fish! :D