PDA

View Full Version : Loon Lake 7-23

Big Ken
07-23-2005, 08:04 PM
A buddy & myself where on the water by 6am...Threw everything at them. I did land 2 holdovers a 12 incher & a fat 11 incher. My buddy didnt get anything not even a bite. ..I caught them both over on the far end of the dam on a silver Hum-Dinger tipped with a oil colored grub trolling @ 1.2 mph. The water temp when we got there was 66 & by the time we left @ 130 it had climbed to 71. It was a great day to be on the water.

fishnphool

p.s. The meat is really pink. almost looks like salmon

freon
07-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Glad to hear you got something out there, I have been at home doing nothing but yardwork and construction, I really need a break,lol. You definetely beat my day.
Freon

Mickey_Thomas
07-24-2005, 06:07 AM
Did you see any stars out there? I know of one set that was there on a camper ;) The good Doctor and his wife were hiking around Gerly Creek yesterday. They even found my house and we cooked up some King Salmon on the BBQ with Hammer and his wife. When he stopped at Stumpy he visited with ITUKAWAL too, I guess the stars were on the move this weekend. Sorry about the slow fishing, the first 3 truck loads that were supposed to go to Loon ended up at Folsom because the water was to cold to dump them ??? It explains a lot since it's unhead of getting the skunk this time of year there, in fact the fishing should be lights out by now ??? I've had many 24 C and R days this time of the year.

fishrman4life
07-24-2005, 01:52 PM
Gerle is definately one of the top spots for native browns...love it to death