PDA

View Full Version : Stumpy Meadows 7/23

paesan
07-23-2005, 01:10 PM
On the water at 5:30am, ripped tight to shore for an hour, notta. Dropped one rigger to 40' w/dodger & crawler, other to 50' w/dodger & rebel crawfish tipped w/crawler. C&rd 9 planters on 40' set up by 9am. Moved over by the slide and boom, 16" brown. Soon after boom, 17" brown. In all my years of feeding the eagle, today I was up close and personel. That thing was no more than 15' away. I could see the veins in the feathers. Whoa Nelly ;D. Day ended at 11:30 with 2 nice browns and holdover bow for dinner. Talked with Wetdog in the parking lot. Always a pleasure :)

Captain_Morgan
07-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the report. Glad to see you caught fish & I bet that was awsome to see an eagle that close. ;)

wetdog
07-23-2005, 02:23 PM
Good see'n you again S/L , the eagels are quite a site ,I love STUMPY mor'n noon & nite ! ;)

stagger_lee
07-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Sounds like a great day :) Just watching the Eagle makes for a more Beautiful day. We were at the Stump last weekend,caught a few and saw the "BIG BIRD" ! AWESOME :o

lazylab
07-23-2005, 05:28 PM
went to the stump this mornin :) had the wife and boy with me caught 7 on the dodger an worm at 15 feet on the riggers had the bird buzz us a few times what a sight 8) :o salty i may just see you out there tomorrow ??? 8)

FishMischief
07-23-2005, 09:25 PM
Thx for the report. *Stumpy is a beautiful lake. *Glad you caught some killer fish. *:)

Feeding the eagle while a very exciting sight is not good for the Eagle. *I know its tempting but it is not in their best interest. *:( The become relient on fish thrown at them rather than providing for themselves. They end up following boats around like a Pelican.

Farrier_Frank
07-24-2005, 05:39 AM
Those of you pulling boats through Georgetown need to put STARS on your boats. Often I'm at Wortons Market early and see the boats parked on the street and then I read the reports at night so I know some of those boats must belong to Sniffers. It could be to your benefit: Like the older model Chevy, pulling a small tri-hull, that pulled out of the gas station yesterday and went the wrong way and then came back up Marshal Grade -- That is the long way around, very long. I could have helped. ;)

Mickey_Thomas
07-24-2005, 05:56 AM
I see boats going up to Stumpy all weekend too Frank, I'm always looking for the stars and only see a set once in a while. You sniffer's should get on the program, get the set of stars and put them on. Then everyone will know who to shoot at ;D ;D ;D

FISHSTALKER
07-24-2005, 05:59 AM
Frank - Does that mean you don't help people who don't have STARS? ;D You dirty dawg you. ;D Just joken Frank........

Mark_Damron
07-24-2005, 06:06 AM
I'm leaving in a few min. for Stumpy. Late start, my well pump was acting up but I fixed it and we have water now. I've got the STARS on my ride and I'll be going through GT and past MICKEY'S rd. in about and hr. Please don't point, laugh or throw things at me. It really hurt's my feelings and you guy's know how delicate my feeling are. THANK YOU, PHM

Farrier_Frank
07-24-2005, 06:23 AM
PHM... You have so many stickers on the side of your boat it's hard to see the stars. ;D

FishStalker... I knew that one was coming. There are too many boats coming thru G-town anymore to talk to everybody. ;)

FISHSTALKER
07-24-2005, 06:40 AM
Funny .......... 20 years ago what used to be considered the country is now a suberb to Sac. with growing traffic. I would pack up and move to the country but I can't find any. ;D

Mickey_Thomas
07-24-2005, 07:01 AM
Youz guys are funny, did you expect to hide from the people all the rest of your lives? ::) I like the people coming up, I hardly ever fish on the weekends anyway ;)and the good part is when they all leave and it's still the mountains which is better than the city ;D (in my opinion) The Jeepers Jamboree will be going out of Georgetown the next few weekends, talk about a bunch of people ??? It's been going on for years and it's what has kept GT alive all these years, now the fishermen are stopping and spending money too, I say it's good for the economy and good for Georgetown too. Heck I still have the weekdays to myself 8)

FISHSTALKER
07-24-2005, 07:13 AM
Mickey - Now we get into resources vs. money. Go over to Brads thread and send your e-mail to the Governator so you still have the resources to generate the money. That's if you haven't done it already. ;D