PDA

View Full Version : Stream trout....

FishingObsession
07-22-2005, 12:04 PM
i live in roseville, and i'm wondering if there are any streams or small rivers that hold trout. i just picked up an UL rod & reel and want to try to fish for trout with it. i'm guessing summer time isnt that great of a time to do this, but i'm looking for a close spot up I-80 or any of the smaller hwy's closeby. thanks.

FishMischief
07-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Actually summer is fine. I would start on the american river. I would go up to auburn and take 49 back south. I would park near the bridge that crosses the american and hike upstream.

This is just a super wild ass guess as I havent fished rivers up here in years.

The_Big_Sinus
07-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Silver Creek downstream from Wright's Lake is usually loaded with fish- 'bows, browns, brookies. *Use mini-crawlers... *Or spinners if it isn't light out. *Sneak fishing at it's best. Bit of drive, tho'. Up 80- Take 20 toward Nevada City, and go like you are going up to Bowman- the Creek under the brdge right before Fuller Lake has some real nice fish in it. Should be no more than a 60 min. shot from Roseville I wouldn't think.

FishMischief
07-22-2005, 12:50 PM
This got me thirsty for some stream fishing. I think I might take that silver creek suggestion...

FishingObsession
07-22-2005, 01:57 PM
thanks for the info. do you know what exit i take off 80 to get to that stream near bowman? if you have better directions that would be cool. i'll probably head over to that one since it is def. a lot closer than silver creek. thanks again.

The_Big_Sinus
07-22-2005, 02:02 PM
It's the Hwy 20, exit...

chingolingy
07-22-2005, 06:47 PM
hey F.O. i live in lincoln and ive fished the streams all throughout auburn and lincoln.Ive caught trout right out of the auburn ravine which flows from auburn through lincoln to the sac.river. Biggest one was 21 inches on a live baby crawdad. you can follow that stream from the hwy 65 bridge all throughout rural lincoln and newcastle. Probably best to take hwy 193 outta lincoln and take the left on fowler road about a mile from there is a bridge just past the nursery-loaded with catchable rainbows. or you can pass the fowler road and head up 193 a little further to gold hill road. loaded as well.fish mini crawlers