PDA

View Full Version : Tournament at Wishon

JoeTech
07-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Anyone planing on entering the tournament/derby at wishon this weekend?

fresnofshfan
07-11-2005, 10:23 AM
I got a flyer on my Tacoma at Courtright.Im going to the cabin at Dinkey this weekend so its creek fishing and mabey a lake trip...not to Wishon! ;D

northriver_tom
07-12-2005, 05:58 PM
joe is it this weekend....

mankin
07-12-2005, 09:30 PM
I will be at wishon this weekend and will have a seat available if anyone is intersted PM me. I will be staying at Wishon village with the 21 ft bayliner cuddy. Look for the stars on the cuddy windows and come by I will be ther thurs to sun.

mank

huntman58
07-13-2005, 02:45 AM
This is too funny as I only heard of it today. We were planning on going any way. Going to stay at Lily pad camp ground. No kids just Denise and I ya hoo. LOL!!!!
May have to look for you Mank. Also so if you see an inflatable green pontoon that will be me LOL with my new toy. The thing has a 40 lbs motor and an old humming bird lcr 400 fish finder on it so far nice set up and has gotten me a few trout at Shaver so far . May also enter the thing there as I plan to stay tell Sunday.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/stills_stinks/PDR_0275.jpg

JoeTech
07-14-2005, 09:46 AM
The tournament is this weekend, I believe its the type of tournament where they tag fish and there worth so much money. I herd that there was supposed to be a fish worth $10,000. I cant wait... I hope I can get out of doing my parents roof this weekend. If I head up there Ill be in a raised Black Chevy pulling a 14 gregor with 28hp johnson. Ill probably be wearing my cowboy hat so look for me and give me a shout. Good luck to eveyone

fresnofshfan
07-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Ill be at Huntington watching the regatta, and bank fishing with my little sister who is 9 and caught her first fish with me last year at dinkey creek.

huntman58
07-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Well went to wishon and was there from wed. To today. ;D
Got a lot of fish. In fact with a ring of fire made one troll Friday from the docks to about 1000 feet along the dam turned around and headed in with my limit. Fishing was good for my self and the girl friend who fished from shore.
In the tournament did get a lot of fish but could not seam to land any but we learned some lessons
Lesson 1
Set the alarm so you can be at the docks to fish with mank. Set the time but had not turned it on as I thought I had so I missed fishing with him again grrrrr >:(
Lesson 2
Do not drop you one and only net over board with no leash on it the day before a tournament as it is a grantees you will not get any fish. Because of this I got a tagged trout but lost him trying to grab him with my hands.
Lesson 3
Two way radios do not work when you drop them down for the trout to use ether
So bad luck stated Friday night and stayed tell Saturday night after the tournament. Lost one net, over $30.00 in trolling gear. One family radio down to the Dave Jonesís locker room.
Also heard no one got the $10,000.00 fish so now he is worth $500.00 to any in the tournament if they get hi m before August 31st and have it verified buy the wishon village store
Then got fish at dam from shore using a night crawler and no weight at all. All in all plan to go back there and camp and fish some more. Hope some day to get the chance to fish with mank as he is one nice guy
Marty

JoeTech
07-19-2005, 08:44 AM
Marty sounds like you had your ups and downs...much better than what I was doing...Roofing. It sure was hot down in the valley. I wish I could have been up there to catch some fish. Did you catch any fish with some size?

huntman58
07-20-2005, 04:47 PM
well most were about 16 to 18 but also got a few over 20 that added to the fun. Just wish I had gotten up in time to have gone out with mank maybe next time

JoeTech
07-21-2005, 05:34 AM
Well maybe next time...Dont for get the alarm clock! ;D Well at least you caught some nice fish.. Good Job