PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid lake

ifish4fun
07-19-2005, 02:22 PM
I am starting to plan a trip to Pyramid lake this fall.
Can anyone give me a suggestion what month is generally the best time to fish in the Fall. best locations on the lake thanks.

Thanks Darren

FishMischief
07-19-2005, 02:28 PM
Pyramidfest is the 7, 8 and 9th of October. Its a fun gathering and lots of people will to share advice. If I were you I'd plan it then. I already have.

If your not familiar with the FEST's they are just us here on the forums organizing some trips together nothing official. Last year included some speakers Fri night. Not sure if thats planned again this year.

SuperDave
07-19-2005, 02:29 PM
I'm glad you asked this question. I've wanted to know what the dates for Pyramidfest were going to be but didn't want to seem over anxious. Actually, I'm just a freak about planning things way in advance. Looks like you do too. The Fish Sniffer event of the year is in October at Pyramid.

Rusty_Hooks
07-19-2005, 02:48 PM
The lake opens Oct 1

The Pyramidfest is Oct 7-8-9

Hindrid...I've been planning this one since last year....don't think for a minute that your panicing

I was paniced several months ago ;D ;D

Not gunna miss it, nope, not gunna miss it, nope, nope

SuperDave
07-19-2005, 03:19 PM
Rusty, are you going to have a boat by then?

CHICKFISHING58
07-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Hi Guys,
You cant wait I was hoping it was Oct already ;D as you know Pyramid is one of my favorite lakes if you fish on shore Block House is nice on opening day except you better be there by 4am by 5am thereís already 25 people standing in there spots by the nets are great if youíre a fly guy I'm so glad this year I can take my boat out until the weather gets worse then I'll have to hitchhike a ride ::) see you guys at Pyramid Fest it should be a big one this year with all of us newbieís to the sight ;)

Rusty_Hooks
07-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Good question Hindrid...I have my eye on one....my manager, however, see's the empty half of the glass.

I may have to settle for a little less and get out on the water....theres just way too much nice stuff out there!!
The toys get so much more expensive ;D ;D

(but it's so much fun this time around)

The gear is polishing up nicely though...

Either way....I WILL BE THERE....with the matching twin to ITUKAWAL's camper, coffee in the am out the back!! ;D

I may even save a little Kona for all you diehards!! 8)

kstone44
07-19-2005, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the post I've been wondering when it was. The fishing was very good even for a beginner like me. Ken and Doc gave out a ton of info last year about what to do . Its a little earlier this year so hopefully we can get into some of that jig fishing we heard of. I'm filling out my vacation request as I type. :) :) :)

Mickey_Thomas
07-19-2005, 04:39 PM
It's just around the corner ;D ;D they say it will be a jig bite ;) Doc took me out last year for the jug bite and my arms got sore reeling in so many fish ;D ;D ;D and we quit after 50 or so 8)

drstressor
07-19-2005, 04:49 PM
Don't count on a jig bite this year. The huge numbers of chubs the past 2 seasons were likely due to the fact that they didn't let the cui-ui spawn in 2003 and 2004. So the little chubs had all the zooplankton to themselves. They let the suckers spawn this year.

Fishing will probably be good, but not insane.

FishMischief
07-19-2005, 04:51 PM
Since the fishing style is different this year I hope that we get the seminar Friday night (even though I'll be fishing Friday day). *Be nice to have it all explained. *Maybe even just another document like doc did on trolling techniques would do.

I have had a room booked at Crosby's for 2 months :) *And a buddy of mine is flying up from LA for this. *He booked his flight about a month ago.

I dont need to catch 50... 25 would be fine... ::)

THE_TROUTKING
07-19-2005, 05:55 PM
I will be there and all I need is a nother 6/1/2 pounder.
lol, ;D ;D ;D.
Brian

Mickey_Thomas
07-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Hey guys don't waste those wishes ;D I want one bigger then Hammer caught last year ;) 8)

Farrier_Frank
07-19-2005, 06:44 PM
I hope you didn't just start a Pyramid mania Ifish4fun. It's too early. Last year the fever started in September and took over the trout board and ran through October. Bite Me and Doc got things rolling posting pictures, everyday, of huge C&R'd cutthroats caught jigging. But Pyramid Fest was held the last weekend in October; Halloween. The jig bite was over but the fishing was some of the best Pink Boat and I have ever seen.

We had a solid written-in-stone agreement to leave Sunday morning -- we left at 3 Sunday afternoon. We said goodbye to Fishcrazed as he left for home that Sunday morning and the next time we saw him was a few hours later when he passed us in his boat on the lake.

But what made the weekend work so well was the seminar Bite Me and Doc put on Friday night. Without the information we gleaned from Doc that night our fishing trip would have been frustrating. Instead we C&R'd 40 cutthroats and kept 4 for the family.

Soooo.... No pressure Doc, but you probably ought to start working on the slide show. And don't forget to bring your pet chubs. :D

BigB
07-19-2005, 06:48 PM
For those of you who have not fished Pyramid Lake before, you can do a search on Pyramid Lake and go back to the threads where fishing the lake was discussed. Doc, Bite_Me_II and others gave out some great information on how to fish the lake.

Word of caustion, say away from the thread title "put the toilet seat down", unless of course you want to read some funny messages.

Brian

Durb
07-19-2005, 08:25 PM
October is one month I have been waiting for along with going up with the crew again on presidents day also. Counting the days and collecting the plugs ;D

Rusty_Hooks
07-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Three ring binder with laminated report........check

new Vance Spiral wrap..........check

new e-chips...watermelon, cop, lime n white,...check, check

Are we ready......check!!....well not quite ;D ;D

BITE_ME_II
07-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Can't wait to see yall up here, I'm sure the fishing will be awsome second only to seeing alot of you again..

BITE ME II
8) 8)

MankinD
07-20-2005, 05:26 PM
You guys are killin' me!!! Didn't key into Hellstock till mid June and couldn't think of anything else for three weeks. Now you've started hyping Pyramid almost 3 MONTHS early! Let's see, what was that new boat going to set me back? The picture stuck to the dash of the truck now has a calendar attached to it. Mickey, your new ride didn't help me with this sickness-very nice ride :D See yall there.

Deacon Doug

CHICKFISHING58
07-20-2005, 05:37 PM

Word of caustion, say away from the thread title "put the toilet seat down", unless of course you want to read some funny messages.

Brian
I resent that Brian ;D ::)I wasnít on this board last year during Pyramid Fest Itís hard for me to believe :oall the fish everyone caught but you can bet this year Iíll be hanging with all the big boys ;D ;)

SuperDave
07-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Has the beach been selected yet?