07/18/05-07/22/05

ALPINE - CAPLES LAKE, CARSON RIVER WF

EL DORADO - KIRKWOOD LAKE, WOODS LAKE

NEVADA - BOCO RESERVOIR, PROSSER RESERVOIR

PLUMAS - BUCKS LAKE, DAVIS LAKE, LITTLE GRASS VALLEY RESERVOIR

SIERRA - STAMPEDE RESERVOIR

AllFishNoWork
07-19-2005, 10:56 AM
Never been to Kirkwood Lk., now that I'm banking for awhile might be a good time to check it out...hmm maybe even bust out the ole float tube

Mickey_Thomas
07-19-2005, 04:45 PM
I think they are planting way less than last year. Usually this time of year they are dumping double in the Sierra lakes, Oxbow was shut out at Loon, Union Valley has been slow for some too. A shut out at Loon is unheard of this time of year ??? I guess the cuts are really effecting the bite, anybody else have an opinion? ???

FishMischief
07-19-2005, 04:58 PM
I agree. *When not getting kokes on UVR I was getting limits of bows. *I've heard IceHouse hasn't been easy either and it should be an easy limit of planters. *Ox getting Skunked at Loon is a prime example. *That shouldn't happen to me let alone the Ox! *;D

The audit, which was released on June 14th, confirms that Preservation Fund support of trout hatcheries has decreased by nearly 17% over the past three budget cycles. In addition, the number of catchable fish produced by hatcheries has steadily declined, with a drop of 1.1 million catchable fish in 2004 alone. *

And you can bet that 2005 is even less. I don't target planters but they sure make a day that would otherwise be fishless a little more exciting even if I am going to release them.

FISHSTALKER
07-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Mick - I believe more fish were delivered early this spring. The survival rate of these latest plants will probably be low because of the temps. The surface water has really heated up. The new plants usually hang around the ramp for a few days.

Mickey_Thomas
07-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Early this spring the lakes up here had trouble getting heated up over 50 degrees, the plants they put in then are pretty much gone now, I think Sniffer's caught them all ;) In any case they usually stock Stumpy every other week through the summer and I know that's not happening. UVR, Loon, and Ice House lake were regularly scheduled too, not this year. My guess this summer will be a slow fishing summer. I guess I need to get a wake board ???

A.S.4
07-19-2005, 07:26 PM
i agree with mickey. i was at ice house this weekend and had trouble marking fish in the usual spots. could all the recent boating traffic also put the fish off the bite?

Striperman
07-19-2005, 08:40 PM
When was the last plant at icehouse? Im heading up there tomarrow. Want to do some fishing!!!! Hows the bite been? Prbably fishing from the bank.

Striperman

A.S.4
07-19-2005, 08:53 PM
icehouse was reel slow this weekend. i think the last plant was last week sometime. the few fish we marked were real deep so from the bank u might be better off somewhere else. hope this helps ;)

Striperman
07-19-2005, 08:58 PM
It helps a lot! I was planning on going up the creek that dumps into icehouse anyways but if anyone was catching em in the main lake i would have fished there! Ill just take the ultra lite and go catch some small browns and rainbows up in the creek. Thanks for the heads up!!

Striperman