PDA

View Full Version : SHASTA?

ratss427
07-14-2005, 08:20 PM
anybody been brave enough to dodge the skiers and houseboats and fish shasta lately? ;D ???

AllFishNoWork
07-16-2005, 08:38 AM
Ratss, looks like nobody has been up there. Did you check the Shasta Tackle web site?

ratss427
07-16-2005, 04:19 PM
don't everybody speak up at once! ;Dallfish,i do check their site frequently.usually shasta is overrun at this time.and i figured nobody is doing very good.but i thought i would ask anyway.i am heading up in that erea soon.looks like i will concentrate on lewiston and whiskeytown. ;)

Budman
07-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Ratss, I'm going out next Tuesday after being off the water for several months. I'll be monitoring channel 69. I'll start out in Dry Fork/Little Squaw targeting Salmon at about 80 feet. There is plenty of room away from the skiers.

The dam area along the buoy line and the west bank are relatively free of wake makers. The Pitt and Squaw Arms both have plenty of trolling room above the No-Ski buoys.

Good luck...

Budman
07-19-2005, 08:45 PM
Slow. With the exception of a few small guys near the surface and a couple of slightly larger ones around 55' deep, the pickings were very slim. I talked to fishermen from Dry Fork to Fenders Ferry Road bridge on the Pit and on over into the upper end of the Squaw who were all, including a local guide, singing the Blues.

Water surface temperature went from 83 degrees at 6:00 up to 86+ by 1:00.

We've had clear skies with a bright moon for several days.

And the thermocline may not yet be defined.

There is some bait fish activity but it is fairly shallow.

AND, it was so hot out there today that by noon, cold water was tasting better than beer...

ratss427
07-19-2005, 08:56 PM
thanks budman for the report.everything you said is what i kind of expected for this time of year.....except for maybe that part about the beer. ;)