PDA

View Full Version : Hat Creek Trip

PianoFish
07-19-2005, 08:15 AM
Well I went to my family cabin at Hat Creek for 4 days last week it was the first chance I've had to fish since the middle of May it was Great :D I C&R 20+ trout from 8" to 16" all planters except for two 8" natives that fought so hard I couldn't believe it. I don't know maybe its just me but I can't think of anything better than floating a worm or egg into a pocket and having a 12" trout slam my ultra lite it still gets my heart pumping like nothing else, it seems I forget that my knees hurt my back hurts I have things to do at work honeydos at home, its just me the fish and the stream. I guess I'm old school but no matter how many other places I go or fish I catch nothing makes me feel so good. Well before I get to mushy see you on the water.

Pianofish

Duzwatido
07-19-2005, 09:10 AM
Nice report, still havent made it there but hopefully tis year. Good job.

RBC
07-19-2005, 03:28 PM
PianoFish,
I’m with you all the way. I’ve been waiting for the streams to settle down a bit before heading out to Strawberry and Kennedy Meadows to do some stream fishing. For me there’s nothing better. Your post has me itching to take a mental health day and get out of this darn office…